Musicverse 3ds impressions?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by SLiV3R, Feb 27, 2016.

1. SLiV3R
    OP

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    I saw that Musicverse 3ds newly got released in the US. I can't try it out as I live in Europe.

So any Musicverse 3ds impressions or first thoughts? musicverse_378.png

2. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I tried it. Seems very basic.

That line of buttons underneath the instrument name, 1-5.... I assumed that was for layering different audio tracks. Unfortunately, they're just 'quick-access' buttons so you can quickly change between instruments on the *same* track whilst recording.

You basiclly have a few 4 present 'backing tracks' for each musical style, which each consist of a drumbeat, a bassline and a backing melody. You can switch between them as the song progresses, and you can switch the individual beat, bass and baking parts on and off - but you can't mix and match (say, bass line b with drum track a).

On top of that you have a single melody track - in which you can play one instrument at a time

SLiV3R likes this.
  3. SLiV3R
    OP

Jan 9, 2006
    Yeah, I guessed that it would be very basic. But if the work flow is nice, and if midi export is available. Then I'm sure this is a great music app! :)

4. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I don't think MIDI export is available!
    The work flow is fine; it's difficult to make something this simple too complicated to operate.

I don't think this is a great music app at all. I wish the eShop had a refunds policy like Google Play Store as I'd have requested a refund if they did.

SLiV3R likes this.
  5. Osga21

Osga21 King Of All Cosmos

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    Just played around with it for a few minutes and, well, THAT was disappointing. I was expecting something where we could actually make a song, like a DAW, but this is only a keyboard. Has a few instruments programmed in, some rhythms in various genres and some other basic tools that are nothing out of the ordinary, but this is in its essence a virtual keyboards. And not a very good one, because you can barely play chords, but that's a limitation of the 3DS. Overall, it's pretty meh and it probably is only useful if you think of a riff or something when you aren't around your keyboard or guitar.

Overall, I don't know what I was expecting, the title of the game(app/software?) clearly says "Eletronic Keyboard".

SLiV3R likes this.
  6. SLiV3R
    OP

Jan 9, 2006
    Oh. I thought that we could compose something with this as well. Thanks for the feedback. I'll stick with KorgDSN12 & Korg M01D :)

(Haven't really got into Rytmik Ultimate, yet)