Musicverse 3ds impressions?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by SLiV3R, Feb 27, 2016.

1. SLiV3R
    OP

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    I saw that Musicverse 3ds newly got released in the US. I can't try it out as I live in Europe.

So any Musicverse 3ds impressions or first thoughts? musicverse_378.png

2. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I tried it. Seems very basic.

That line of buttons underneath the instrument name, 1-5.... I assumed that was for layering different audio tracks. Unfortunately, they're just 'quick-access' buttons so you can quickly change between instruments on the *same* track whilst recording.

You basiclly have a few 4 present 'backing tracks' for each musical style, which each consist of a drumbeat, a bassline and a backing melody. You can switch between them as the song progresses, and you can switch the individual beat, bass and baking parts on and off - but you can't mix and match (say, bass line b with drum track a).

On top of that you have a single melody track - in which you can play one instrument at a time

SLiV3R likes this.
  3. SLiV3R
    OP

Jan 9, 2006
    Yeah, I guessed that it would be very basic. But if the work flow is nice, and if midi export is available. Then I'm sure this is a great music app! :)

4. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I don't think MIDI export is available!
    The work flow is fine; it's difficult to make something this simple too complicated to operate.

I don't think this is a great music app at all. I wish the eShop had a refunds policy like Google Play Store as I'd have requested a refund if they did.

SLiV3R likes this.
  5. Osga21

Osga21 King Of All Cosmos

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    Just played around with it for a few minutes and, well, THAT was disappointing. I was expecting something where we could actually make a song, like a DAW, but this is only a keyboard. Has a few instruments programmed in, some rhythms in various genres and some other basic tools that are nothing out of the ordinary, but this is in its essence a virtual keyboards. And not a very good one, because you can barely play chords, but that's a limitation of the 3DS. Overall, it's pretty meh and it probably is only useful if you think of a riff or something when you aren't around your keyboard or guitar.

Overall, I don't know what I was expecting, the title of the game(app/software?) clearly says "Eletronic Keyboard".

SLiV3R likes this.
  6. SLiV3R
    OP

Jan 9, 2006
    Oh. I thought that we could compose something with this as well. Thanks for the feedback. I'll stick with KorgDSN12 & Korg M01D :)

(Haven't really got into Rytmik Ultimate, yet)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice