Homebrew Music playback speed

Kikuichimonji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any homebrew programs that can play back .mp3 files at slower speeds without affecting the pitch of the song? I'm looking for this to help in music transcription, ie. figuring how to play a song by ear. Yes, I know there are plenty of programs on the computer that can do that, but it would be nice to not have to sit in front of a computer with a guitar or be able to sit in front of a piano instead.

Here is information on slowing down music without changing pitch:

http://www.seventhstring.com/resources/slowdown.html

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the DS would be the best choice for something like that... wouldn't you want something with better sound quality?

Also, why not just make a 'special' mp3 using a PC app?

Kikuichimonji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, I think DS sound quality isn't too bad, as long as you use head/earphones. And you're right, I guess I could make a special mp3 on the computer. But I just wanted to check if any homebrew existed that could alter speeds with me having to make my own special file and put it on an mp3 player/iPod.

So, I'm guessing that no apps can do that?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There aren't any homebrew apps that I can think of that can do that and I went through a majority of the homebrew apps on dcemu as well as pdroms, so there probably isn't one. I don't even think there is a homebrew that can play songs with an altered pitch (unless you did something silly like use the DS mic to record it and play it back with that one homebrew that I can't remember the name of at the moment, but that doesn't help for anything xD).

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
unless you did something silly like use the DS mic to record it and play it back with that one homebrew that I can't remember the name of at the moment
You're thinking of the DSi's built in voice thingy with the slow down thing and all.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nah xD, I used to play around with it (I've never had a DSi either). There is a homebrew that records one session and it has a piano keyboard onscreen. When you press the keys, it plays the recording with varying pitches and speeds (higher is faster, slower is lower obviously). I think there was also a button that played a short (a couple notes worth) song using the recording.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-