Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibcap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/two-members-notorious-videogame-piracy-group-team-xecuter-custody
Two leaders of one of the world’s most notorious videogame piracy groups, Team Xecuter, have been arrested and are in custody facing charges filed in U.S. District Court in Seattle.

Max Louarn, 48, a French national of Avignon, France, Yuanning Chen, 35, a Chinese national of Shenzhen, China, and Gary Bowser, 51, a Canadian national of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, were charged in a federal indictment unsealed today. The indictment alleges the defendants were leaders of a criminal enterprise that developed and sold illegal devices that hacked popular videogame consoles so they could be used to play unauthorized, or pirated, copies of videogames. The enterprise targeted popular consoles such as the Nintendo Switch, the Nintendo 3DS, the Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition, the Sony PlayStation Classic, and the Microsoft Xbox.

_abysswalker_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Oh this is no joke, I wonder how this will affect OS development. That's probably enough push for me to switch to Atmosphere...

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
From approximately June 2013 through August 2020, Team Xecuter used a variety of product names for its devices, such as the Gateway 3DS, the Stargate, the TrueBlue Mini, the Classic2Magic, and the SX line of devices that included the SX OS, the SX Pro, the SX Lite, and the SX Core.
So they were behind Gateway and Stargate 3ds afterall...

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize what they did broke some laws, and I have never been a fan of TX, but it's sad to see these guys have their lives torn apart

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I realize what they did broke some laws, and I have never been a fan of TX, but it's sad to see these guys have their lives torn apart
Well sure, by all means. But they have been doing this for a loooooooong time. So it's just catching up to them. After all, this isn't the original Team-Xecuter. Just the one Max bought.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Team Cobra in the gamecube time?
Not sure, I just remember them from PS3. Like the Cobra ODE

Yeah I kinda liked Gary. He had a sense of humor.

I hope at least he doesn't get a long prison sentence.
He been in trouble with the law before in Canada. That's why he moved to the Dominican Republic.

Reactions: zoogie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended