Multiplayer (download play) and Flashcards

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by limesmoke, Sep 20, 2014.

1. limesmoke
    OP

limesmoke Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2014
    United States
    I just tried to play download play on starfox 3d, I tried it on my gateway and my r4i deluxe, but it says there is a connection error. IS there something wrong with the ROM i downloaded? Should I be able to play multiplayer via download play over a ROM with my gateway or r4i deluxe?

2. alexenochs

alexenochs GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    post questions like this in noob paradise please? you have to inject a header into the rom and renamed the rom extension to .3dz to play them online

ah i just noticed you didnt mean actual online play as in download play to another 3ds im unsure about this as ive only done it with yoshis new island and it worked fine im not sure what your problem is

3. limesmoke
    OP

limesmoke Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2014
    United States

yes i go to the multiplayer section and whre download play should owrk, it gives a communication error. I was just wondering if it was my ROM that was messed up or if its not possible to play multiplayer games, or if anyone had any trouble playing download play in the past with a flashcard.

4. alexenochs

alexenochs GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    ive never had a problem with download play man idk what to tell you ive even used download play from diffrent regions

5. laurorual

laurorual GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Salvador - BA
    I've made download play with almost all Mario games and it worked fine (using gateway) maybe it's your rom. Try to download it again.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you need a rom from your region and iirc it needs to be played with another console of the same region