Hacking Multiman does not see bin/cue psx files on external hdd.

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished flashing and installing rebug last night and having am issue this morning. I am trying to run ps1 games through multiman by placing them in a self named folder inside games/ on the root on my external hdd. Multiman sees the drive and folders but not the files inside. I tried using power iso to convert to iso but no dice there either. It's there something that i am missing, or something else i need to install? Any help would be appreciated and can provide any more info needed.

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone got an idea? i just cant seem to get multiman or web man to acknowledge that there are files.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
has anyone got an idea? i just cant seem to get multiman or web man to acknowledge that there are files.

folders-jpg.104245

PS3ISO (for .iso or splited .iso)
GAMES (for folder games)
PS2ISO (for PS2 .iso)
PS3 (for CFW intallation or SAVEDATA)
PSPISO (for PSP .iso)
PSXGAMES (for PS1/PSX .bin + .cue)
ROMS (for roms)
BDISO (for BD-R .iso or BD-R 3D .iso)

Reactions: ceraflox

Eagle_916

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello kami44:

This is a very tricky and sensitive subject. I have had hell trying to get this to work myself. I can try and help you out but there are a few things you should know first. Your file tree should look like this
Drive letter of the hdd you are using
then a PS3 Folder
then inside the PS3 Folder:
BDISO
DVDISO
GAMES
MUSIC
PICTURE
PKG
PS2ISO
PS3ISO
PSPISO
PSXISO
ROMS
VIDEO
Remember that You put the games and contents in each folder for the different file folder formats!

Now the trick is i always run rebug cex firmware so i do not know what firmware you are running exactly. You have to have the rebug toolbox installed and enable the cobra option in there. When you run the PS3_NET_Server program make sure you installed the msvbvm5.0 at least i have to to get mine to work on windows 10 for some reason. When the program opens up you will see your folder share there and you will have different share tabs. I have only ever used one never played enough to figure out how to use all of the share tabs. Point the program to the drive letter you have your hdd stuff on example: D:\PS3 do not point it inside that folder mount the folder that way then press start. The IP address on the top is the ip you want to write down and take to the ps3. When you open Multiman go to the server tab and you want to put that ip in there. I leave everything else the same and make sure the port number is 38008 as well. Then start the server up and if you did it right you will see on the pc it is connecting to the ps3 and listening for commands. Now you should be able to go and see your files on the network. I always use NTFS for my PS3 HDD when i run this software so i do not have to worry about splitting and 4GB file limitations. I hope this helps you out and if not i really did try and help. You should run this all through hardline ethernet because it does not work well over wifi.

Eagle_916

Last edited by Eagle_916,

abadikrs

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
[FIX] please read it all ! (.bin) not showing ?
I found the solution but not 100%, Open (Rebug Toolbox) -> Selector -> Toggle COPRA Mode (Disable it).
go to multiman and now PS1 games will appear. but you will have problem with ps2 games.
so if you want play ps2 games again go to (Rebug Toolbox) -> Toggle COPRA Mode (Enable it).

Last edited by abadikrs,
Reactions: Guitarpaul

Guitarpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[FIX] please read it all ! (.bin) not showing ?
I found the solution but not 100%, Open (Rebug Toolbox) -> Selector -> Toggle COPRA Mode (Disable it).
go to multiman and now PS1 games will appear. but you will have problem with ps2 games.
so if you want play ps2 games again go to (Rebug Toolbox) -> Toggle COPRA Mode (Enable it).

Thanks this worked great. Have been trying to get micro machines v3 working for ages now, finally it works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte