Homebrew multi boot error Exception: loctl error (DI_ReadID)

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i have tried wiiscrubber 1.4 to create a multi boot iso. I followed its guide... i scubbed the parititions i wanted and saved them as crypted. Then i opened an untouched iso, deleted all partitions and imported all my crypted partitions. I burnt the iso but in multi boot loader, i get this error "Exception: loctl error (DI_ReadID)" .. i have set the ISO to 249

p.s. tried to burn it 2 twice, the same error for both dvds

edit: i don't have a chip.. just read multiboot 1.0 only works with chip?? is it true? searching for 1.1 right now .. hope it works (it's a translated website i read that news.. seems false)... i have 3.3 firmware btw

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
You could try http://rapidshare.com/files/207320010/SoftChip.dol - just rename it to boot.dol when you copy it to the SD card. That has an option for saying whether you have a hard or soft mod.

1.0 does work for softmoded people - it seems to be a case of which cIOS you have installed.

BTW there is a version of it (found on a Chinese site IIRC) that has the multiboot software put as the first bootable partitiin on a disc template do a search for "Wii_Multiboot_v1.0-R82_ISO-v2_USA.rar"

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dack said:
You could try http://rapidshare.com/files/207320010/SoftChip.dol - just rename it to boot.dol when you copy it to the SD card. That has an option for saying whether you have a hard or soft mod.

1.0 does work for softmoded people - it seems to be a case of which cIOS you have installed.

BTW there is a version of it (found on a Chinese site IIRC) that has the multiboot software put as the first bootable partitiin on a disc template do a search for "Wii_Multiboot_v1.0-R82_ISO-v2_USA.rar"

thx for the help... i just tried a non multiboot dvd with the multiboot loader and it works... it shows only one partition.... so it seems it is working ..maybe i am creating the multiboot iso the wrong way?

p.s. i have cios 249 rev 6 installed... is it too old? i dun wanna upgrade cuz i am not brick proofed(i am on 3.3) (anyway i dun have an internet connection my wii)

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i discovered what the problem was.... after burning 5 dvds... i realised that i was burning dvd+r ..!!! i recently bought a pack of dvd+r .. completely forgot about that.. i just tried a dvd-r and it was ok... lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...