PixyGixy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
title says it all.

seen people port pc games to switch so it has to be possible right?

also love the new website layout

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
Mugen is a flighting engine like streetfighter where as openbor is streets of rage.

2 different styles, openbor works on switch no probs and just add your .pak files.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best you can hope for is a port of IKEMEN-GO (basically an open source MUGEN that's thankfully compatible with everything up to the 1.1 beta), and from what m4xw and someone else described to me when I approached them about my attempting a port of it (and I'm a guy who works 10 hours just about every other day because my job likes to schedule a lot of OT, but pays the best and is the best job I've worked at so far), to get it onto the Switch, I would essentially have to either get OGL working, re-do the whole thing in Vulkan as the Switch does natively support it as far as I understand, etc..

There's also the fact that m4xw said that he and I assume other homebrew devs don't have a Go tool chain, and that it'd be a giant mountain to climb for a beginner to try, and I guess IKEMEN-GO's github source code itself would require a full libnx rewrite as well.

The best you could hope for is someone maybe getting IKEMEN-GO to work on a Raspberry Pi4, buying a power bank to take the thing with you on the go and a portable monitor, and playing it that way, because the Pi4 and modern portable monitors can be powered by just a good USB-C cable. Otherwise, get any modern laptop. Even iGPUs in this day and age shouldn't struggle with MUGEN since MUGEN was made more around the time of Win98/Win2000/WinXP, and even started on DOS!

Unfortunately, the chances of us getting the source code from Elecbyte themselves was left to die when the MUGEN 1.1 beta 1 build leaked, and then they left the community to themselves. And nowadays, MUGEN is sort of associated with Rare Akuma vs. Nightmare Broly SSJ666 and a big roster of characters with portraits so small you can't make out who's who. It's still fun as a casual party affair, but seeing as that party peaked around 2008/2009 if one was to use the Know Your Meme graph, it's not likely there's a whole lot of interest from devs both here or in the MUGEN community itself to actually port the thing to the Switch, RPi4, ODroid-N2, etc..

I would love to take all the time I spend wasting away at a job that only pays me money for financial mental peace for as long as I'm still living with my parents and put it towards writing code for this project and some other stuff I'd like to do, but I fear I'll hit a wall and end up losing motivation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu