Not open for further replies.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
alhanelem said:
sigh, im still having trouble.
can someone explain in detail what i have to do?
ive patched the game with notoria's patch then used rudolphs patch to get rid of the piracy check but it still doesnt work, just freezes after i try to load.
What cart are you using? The game had been released 5 months ago, the latest firmware should take care the AP, so you don't need any fix patch.

QUOTE([email protected] @ Jul 28 2010, 02:53 PM) The patch link isn't working for me
Noitora, maybe you need to upload your patch to filetrip.

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
ShinRyouma said:
alhanelem said:
sigh, im still having trouble.
can someone explain in detail what i have to do?
ive patched the game with notoria's patch then used rudolphs patch to get rid of the piracy check but it still doesnt work, just freezes after i try to load.
What cart are you using? The game had been released 5 months ago, the latest firmware should take care the AP, so you don't need any fix patch.

QUOTE([email protected] @ Jul 28 2010, 02:53 PM) The patch link isn't working for me
Noitora, maybe you need to upload your patch to filetrip.
I don't like filetrip. Besides, the link in the first post is working just fine...

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I used to have the same problem with downloading from the link, it took me several tries. But if you don't like filetrip, your choice is fine
smile.gif

CJX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
question for all the people who is playing this game?
how do you know what you have to do next if you don´t understand the story?

Shynghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CJX said:
question for all the people who is playing this game?
how do you know what you have to do next if you don´t understand the story?

This game is pretty straightforward but if you do happen to not know where you have to go next just open up the menu and select story log and just go to the area in the picture. I still hope Atlus bring this game to the US i bought endless frontier and i will buy this game. Even though im getting thru the game just fine with the menu translation i would like to know what's going on in the story here's hoping Atlus bring the game over to the US.

alpha920

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey Noitora I know your not working on this project anymore but can you make a small update by translating the characters name in the menu to make it a bit easier. KOS-MOS is the only name in english that can be read, really sad.

thanks.

Vartio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game's great and all, hell a friend of mine did the impossible (Legitly killing Haken and Phantom in Axle's chapter) lol. But humor aside: The game really isn't that fun without the story. Play an hour of Endless Frontier (U), then play an hour of EXCEED, you notice the charming part of the game was really the humor on many different levels (which fit almost everyone's senses of humor at some point).

We really need a translation -.-; Atlus probably won't give it considering they ain't released OGG, which would leave -everyone- completely dumbfounded on a good chunk of story considering how big the OGG Trio play in this.

Vartio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent an email to Atlus, maybe they'll respond (Yea, right).

Humor aside, if Noitora would drop the actual game text for us to translate like he did the Menus, I think the fanbase would be able to do it. Especially if he translates at least the names on the whole file just to standardize those...

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vartio said:

Humor aside, if Noitora would drop the actual game text for us to translate like he did the Menus, I think the fanbase would be able to do it. Especially if he translates at least the names on the whole file just to standardize those...

True, but I think Noitora's a bit busy.
With patience, he may do so, in time though.

Vartio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Vartio said:

True, but I think Noitora's a bit busy.
With patience, he may do so, in time though.

Yeah. Well I can wait. I just want to understand the story without reading one of Mneidengard's own Comedy Shows included :S. (Word by Word rather than a summary. It's not that I don't appreciate Mneidengard's work, but after an incident involving his wording on @3, I don't trust his work so much... wonder if Noi would go back and begin to offer the fanbases to translate all the DS SRWs for him while he handles the hacking parts)

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's asking for a lot.
Do you even know if he has other things lined up or things to do?
You may not trust Mneidengard's work, but you can understand it better than Japanese I'm sure, seeing as how you're asking for the story to be translated. Be appreciative of the time people put into things.

Vartio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
That's asking for a lot.
You may not trust Mneidengard's work, but you can understand it better than Japanese I'm sure, seeing as how you're asking for the story to be translated. Be appreciative of the time people put into things.

I said I do appreciate it, but it doesn't help when you want to know exactly what they're saying, not a summary. Since Summaries tend to skip importing wordings or details that come into play later.

And simply leaving the scripts out for people to translate while he deals with all his other projects isn't too much. He can finish each when he needs to, working on each when he wants to, while the fanbase does all the translation work (cutting down the work massively). When he finishes one, he can just get to another when he's off break.

It's not being unappreciative, it's called a suggestion to being efficient to one's own wants. He wants to work on that right now, fine, he wants to put it off for a year, fine. Point is when he gets to it, the fans will have completely translated it.

Stop being rude simply because you choose to think everyone here with a low postcount isn't appreciative. Freaking oldbie.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Vartio said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
That's asking for a lot.

I said I do appreciate it, but it doesn't help when you want to know exactly what they're saying, not a summary. Since Summaries tend to skip importing wordings or details that come into play later.

And simply leaving the scripts out for people to translate while he deals with all his other projects isn't too much. He can finish each when he needs to, working on each when he wants to, while the fanbase does all the work. When he finishes one, he can just get to another when he's off break.

It's not being unappreciative, it's called a suggestion to being efficient to one's own wants. He wants to work on that right now, fine, he wants to put it off for a year, fine. Point is when he gets to it, the fans will have completely translated it.

Stop being rude simply because you choose to think everyone here with a low postcount isn't appreciative. Freaking oldbie.
Stop undermining people because YOU have a low postcount. Freaking oldbie. She's right, and you don't have the right in the world to criticize her. Everyone would surely appreciate if you guys would stop thinking everyone HATES you because you don't post much. Shut it and get the hell out if you're not okay with it.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vartio said:

And simply leaving the scripts out for people to translate while he deals with all his other projects isn't too much. He can finish each when he needs to, working on each when he wants to, while the fanbase does all the work. When he finishes one, he can just get to another when he's off break.

Oldbie?
Wtf is an oldbie?
I'm not being rude, I'm saying be appreciative.
You on the other hand, are being rude.
Most of the people I help with romhacking HAVE low post counts, so your comment is moot.

You could always grab the script files yourself and make a spreadsheet or google doc for others to translate.
It really isn't hard to learn how to unpack a rom, grab the files and the necessary steps to decompress it and put them into tables for others to translate.
It's time consuming, which is what you don't seem to understand.
But if you have the free time, by all means, go for it.

Thanks .psyched
wink.gif

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I was away for a few day and look what's happened...I promised to start working on the game's script by the end of the summer and that I'll do. As long as there are translators doing all the hard work for me I have no problem doing the hacking, I've said that many times before in the past and I'll continue saying it until I stop romhacking.

QUOTE said:

Yeah, if the fanbase is as large and active as it was back when I resumed work on this project then I'd rather pass. Excluding the menu text everything else was translated by me. Even though it was just item names and descriptions, pretty much basic stuff, the fact that I know no Japanese at all made it a pain in the ass. Using a dictionary to translate all that stuff was really time consuming and I didn't even know whether I had made a mistake in my translation or not...

Anyway, to sum up, I won't be uploading the script for everyone to grab. The truth is I haven't even bothered hacking the script files yet (They're the same with the 1st game though, kinda easy to deal with) because I don't really believe that any translators will show up. If any translators show up then I'll start working on the scripts.

Edit: Pffff "oldbie"
rofl.gif

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is totally not in context, but oldbie is the old equivalent of a newbie. So, figuratively, an old and well-known member of GBAtemp.
Oh and yeah, Noitora, I'd like to help translate the script, if it's not too Kanji-ish and complicated. I've not started that long ago Japanese, so yeah.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
Anyway, to sum up, I won't be uploading the script for everyone to grab. The truth is I haven't even bothered hacking the script files yet (They're the same with the 1st game though, kinda easy to deal with) because I don't really believe that any translators will show up. If any translators show up then I'll start working on the scripts.

Edit: Pffff "oldbie"
rofl.gif

Silly rabbit,
you know you'll always have one translator on your side
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: who is lizzo?