welovenintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

I attempted to apply the recent 1.2 update to my MT-Card and it failed miserably. I am unable to get the card to recognize in any computer I plug it into.

It is worth noting: I ran the 1.0, to 1.1 update on the *exact* same system, cable and MT-Card with no issues.

I followed the directions supplied per the PDF and now my card is BRICKED!

I'm wondering how many people are out there with this same problem?

As well, I wonder if MT Card is going to step up and fix this problem for their customers?

Hopefully MT Card does the right thing and fixes this ASAP!

vinhdt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no issue updating my MT-Card. Did you follow the exact steps per the instructions on updating to 1.2? It's a little different than previous version like updating the driver and waiting a while for the driver to update before it continues.

CurveBall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine died on 1.2 update, I emailed them and they told me to do a manual driver update, there isn't any drivers..
I emailed them again and haven't had anything back since.
I'm going to wait for the new Evo card, they showed us stuff working before even Gateway did, I don't trust Gateway's software for bricks and MT aren't able to fix their own hardware.
I think it's time for a change.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More details are required to help diagnose your problem.

Since some low level flashing is being done, I'd imagine the issue you faced was USB disconnection whilst in the middle of flashing the new HW firmware.

welovenintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vinhdt: yes MT-Card employee, I followed the exact steps listed in the PDF.

It seems to me that MT Card spends as much time discrediting its customers as it does trying to serve them.

I personally do not enjoy being accused of not following the directions after providing a screenshot to the manufacturer.

Guys, if you haven't updated, PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE!

As well, if you haven't bought an MT Card yet, DO NOT BUY ONE!

It seems that MT Card does not care. I purchased my card less than 30 days ago, and their basic reply was to accuse me that I was not following directions and to suggest that I broke it.

#FAIL MT CARD!

RomAnOCrY

Trophies
XP
Country
France
and what about your reseller ? Can he can send back your default MTCARD ?

Don't try to defend them...but...
top_br.jpg

welovenintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GamingAori: yes agreed, but it's not supposed to be during the upgrade/flash process.

Something is very flaky in regards to the flash - it's supposed to wait 300 secs for the driver to detect?

I've flashed 100's of devices whether it's a router, to bios, to roms for a phone. MT Card's flash process seems extra special in regards to lack of stability.

Is Gateway's flashing process just as flaky?

welovenintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: My vendor is going to RMA the card - they are sending me an envelope for return.

It looks like MT Card is going to honor their warranty - stay tuned!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
UPDATE: My vendor is going to RMA the card - they are sending me an envelope for return.

It looks like MT Card is going to honor their warranty - stay tuned!

o ma gad, this consumers nowadays... first they are all like: DONT BUY IT, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY DEVICE, SO EVERYONE STOP TRUSTING THIS DUDE, THERE IS NO LOYALTY ANYMORE

then they get an answer: COME ON GUYS, GIVE MONEY TO THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE 1000% TRUSTED!!!111!!!!

filthy humans >:C

Reactions: porkiewpyne

welovenintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
migles - did you read the other people who have bricked their MT Card?

I am in no fashion a minority here - maybe before running your mouth you could be sure your facts are correct.

#gbatemp folks asked me to come here and make my case and also to let others know items are bricking.

I still would suggest not buying an MT Card until these flashing/bricking issues are addressed.

Migles, I would suggest reading other posts to be sure you are informed.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
migles - did you read the other people who have bricked their MT Card?

I am in no fashion a minority here - maybe before running your mouth you could be sure your facts are correct.

#gbatemp folks asked me to come here and make my case and also to let others know items are bricking.

I still would suggest not buying an MT Card until these flashing/bricking issues are addressed.

Migles, I would suggest reading other posts to be sure you are informed.

not personal, or telling this is your isolated problem

am complaining about the "love-hate" companies thing

when someone because they are having a problem they start going everywere saying to stop buyng the product, and when finally they get their problem solved, its like the best company ever...

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded