MSET/DS profile broken

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Autz, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Autz
    OP

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    My O3DS sysNAND is on 4.2 and i have RxTools 3.0-b8. I've installed a DSi game (Shantae: Risky's Revenge) on sysNAND to play it, i execute it and nothing happends (i've executed it on emuNAND since on sysNAND doesn't appear the app), and it wipe out my MSET exploit. I tried to recover it by following these steps:

-I've downgraded the MSET from RxTools 3.0-b8 (i just used the option just in case, it tells me that there's no need to downgrade the MSET)
    -Installing FBI installer 1.4.9 to install the MSET ROP
    -Checked the options before installing the ROP: <RxTools 3.0 4.x>
    -Install succesfull
    -MSET profile still broken. I execute it and both screens remains on gray color, after that trows error and the 3DS reboot itself.

Seriously i don't know what happend, i think that the ROP didn't work, but i don't want to re-install or install another in case of some error.

I'm considering the option of formating the sysNAND to recover the ds profile and re-install the exploit, but i've heard that could cause a brick since it has a custom firmware. So, what should i do at this point? I need that MSET before getting Coldboot.

Last edited by Autz, Feb 18, 2016
  2. Februarysn0w

Februarysn0w School Idol Festival

Oct 31, 2014
    Mino city Osaka
    I donno what is rxtool 3.0 b8. anyway I recommend you to update fbi to latest version. and try again.
    if you installed mset correctly its not brick your 3ds when you format sysnand. my new 3ds has downgraded mset I formated sysnand few times but not bricked.

Last edited by Februarysn0w, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Autz
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    So, if i try to re-install the ROP or install another ROP without erasing previous ones, that wouldn't be harmfull?

4. Februarysn0w

Februarysn0w School Idol Festival

Oct 31, 2014
    Mino city Osaka
    Mine had reinand rop before. and recently I overwritten rxtools rop but works fine. I think the rop will not brick your 3ds.

Last edited by Februarysn0w, Feb 18, 2016
  5. Autz
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Thanks for answer.

I've tried to install the ROP again and nothing, i've even installed the RxTools 2.x ROP instead, and the profile still hangs up.

I think that the exploit was not 'fully' removed when i ran the DSi game, i could be wrong, but i should say that my DS profile is done for?

6. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    DalvĂ­k, Iceland
    NVRAM needs to be reinstalled every time you wish to use MSET again after opening a DSiWare or overall just going into TWL NAND mode ( DSi mode ). ( Get ahold of a blue gateway card and install NVRAM. )

Last edited by Ruby Gloom, Feb 18, 2016
  7. Autz
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Guys, i get it working with a QR code which installs the MSET ROP with BrowserHax. It is the same QR code which i use when updating RxTools, now i know what it does.

Silly me.