Homebrew Mplayer-CE

rodreyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any MplayerCE file out there that can be installed as a channel (WAD file) and does not require you to be connected to the internet (offline method). Thanks.

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
riahc3 the next release will have a directory play, but when the gui is ready then it will have more options.
frown.gif

No preview or beta release?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
SpaceJump said:
Is MPlayer CE capable of showing pictures? Where do I configure it so they will show up in the file browser?

Also, the aspect ratio, how can I save that setting permanently? Right now I have to change it every time I load MPlayer CE.

1) will be working in gui only.
2) use mplayer.conf example aspect-1.7888

riahc3 the next release will have a directory play, but when the gui is ready then it will have more options.
you guys are the absolute best, by all means take your time

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
rodreyes said:
Is there any MplayerCE file out there that can be installed as a channel (WAD file) and does not require you to be connected to the internet (offline method). Thanks.

mplayer_ce doesnt require a internet connection if your just playing media from SD/USB but it will not work as a stand alone channel since there is more than just the .dol for this application it reads and loads other files and libs from the SD/USB where it is installed.....i too wish they could make a stand alone version

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Has anyone tried to normalize the audio in mplayer? I hate it when I watch some movies I have to change the volume up and down depending how silent or loud the part in the movie is. I looked at the configuration options, and there's a setting "-af volnorm". Any experiences, or should I just try it?
biggrin.gif

gotchapt

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a stupid question. Watching XviD movies on MPlayer-CE has lower quality than on pc? because of codecs, right?

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Mm.. I have a little problem with Mplayer-CE.. You see, USB loaders (Wiiflow, cIOS rev14),need the HDD to be connected on the USB port closer to the egde and this needs the HDD connected to the inner port.. Now I'll have to change the port every now and then.. Could this be changed anyhow? Or is there something I can do on my side?

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you might just be bat shit. They all use the same port. 222/223, rev14, and mplayer's 202.

I've never once had to change the port. Not since like rev7 or whatever.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Uranuskiller: Possibly that's what I'll have to do..

Ossot: A bat shit? WTF are you talking about? And whatever you say I'm hundred percent sure I do have to change the ports.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I installed IOS 202 offline using the instructions from the MPlayerCE wiki. I am able to play videos from my external USB drive but DVDs just refuse to play. When I choose "Play DVD" from the "DVD video" option, it says "mounting DVD...." and then nothing happens. After that choosing the other options like Play title #1 shows "opening stream..." but then nothing plays. However, I can hear the disc spinning the whole time.

I am on 4.1U (originally 3.1J --> 3.2U with ARC then 3.2U --> 4.1U by manually installing IOS60 and SystemMenu 4.1U wad). I have Preloader 0.29 and BootMii installed to boot2.

Is the issue because I am trying to play US DVDs (Region 1) on a Japanese drive? The Wii DVD drive is not region locked is it? I also have a modchip installed but don't know which one it is.

AtomBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use USB loader GX and MPlayer CE, from the same HHD, both plugged to same USB port, I never swap, and never (well almost) have an issue with either.

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bowser said:
I installed IOS 202 offline using the instructions from the MPlayerCE wiki. I am able to play videos from my external USB drive but DVDs just refuse to play. When I choose "Play DVD" from the "DVD video" option, it says "mounting DVD...." and then nothing happens. After that choosing the other options like Play title #1 shows "opening stream..." but then nothing plays. However, I can hear the disc spinning the whole time.

I am on 4.1U (originally 3.1J --> 3.2U with ARC then 3.2U --> 4.1U by manually installing IOS60 and SystemMenu 4.1U wad). I have Preloader 0.29 and BootMii installed to boot2.

Is the issue because I am trying to play US DVDs (Region 1) on a Japanese drive? The Wii DVD drive is not region locked is it? I also have a modchip installed but don't know which one it is.
Some chips block dvd in homebrew (like d2cpro clones)
Try to disable the chip pressing reset when you switch on the wii

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Could it be that Hermes' cIOS doesn't support my HDD but waninkoko's does? My theory is that it cannot read from the port0 at USB2 speed but it can read from the port1 but it's only USB1 then? Am I correct?

EDIT: yep, seems to be that I'll have to settle for USB1 speed on mplayer ce.. I thought hermes' was supposed to be more compatible than waninkokos?

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
First I installed the MPlayer cIOS (which to my knowledge is modified hermes), then tried with hermes' cIOS. Neither worked.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
rodries said:
bowser said:

Some chips block dvd in homebrew (like d2cpro clones)
Try to disable the chip pressing reset when you switch on the wii
Pressing reset didn't work
frown.gif
Maybe because I have Preloader installed it's interfering and not disabling the modchip?

Also, if I burn a Wiikey update/config disk will it show up in the disk channel only if I have a Wiikey or will it show for any modchip? (Sorry for off topic)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU