Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok not to come off as too much of a noob im having problems with the SMB.config....
Not really sure where the problem lies anymore....

I was using v.3a...everything was working fine....wanted to see what was fixed in v.4.....
So I upgraded to v.4 and it quit working...so i went back to v.3a...and it still wouldnt work....i didnt change anything on the PC side...

Ive looked at everything that could be blocking it and have found nothing...its getting to the router just fine and on to the internet as all radio stations connect...and everything else is working.
I dont have a software firewall running as the router takes care of all outside threats...and I dont belive its blocking the Wii because all network traffic works without fail inside the firewall (and as i stated it was working before...)

Ive been playing with this for about 2 weeks now..and I am teh FAIL on this one....i cant figure it out

my smb.conf file is filled out right with IP, Share Name, Logon and Password...no spaces in share names....

but when i go to connect i get an error telling me it cant reconnect to the share.....im not sure if it ever really connected as it wont let me access it....

Sorry because i know questions of this nature have been asked at least 20x in this thread...and ive read thru all 36 pages...and tried all the advice given...but just cant figure it out...

my Wii is running 4.0U...
and i have mplayer_ce v.5 loaded on the SD card right now.

PC OS is XP Media Center
no software firewall
all files to be shared are shared on the network...as i can see them from my other 3 PCs...

anyone have an idea?

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I had a question with the new 0.5 release. I saw this on the MPlayer CE Google page:

Comment by drugold, Today (10 hours ago)

1. Please add in the FAQ, that before installing "USB2.0_beta3" you must remove "USB2.0_beta2"! 2. MPlayer-CE v0.5 now works with "USB2.0_beta3" ONLY!
I believe that when I installed USB2.0_beta3, I installed it over beta2. If the above comment is correct, would this might be a reason why some of my AVI files crash randomly? Or would it just be due to codec compatibility issues?

NOTE: Movies don't freeze for me all the time, just sometimes.
use the one on the google code page if you didn't already, no it overwrites it, so no need to delete it!

QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Question: Is it possible to make a version of MPlayer-CE that can be started from an USB device? Unfortunately my Wii SD-Card-Slot broke. So I can only start homebrew from an USB device. However, MPlayer-CE won't work that way at the time. But I really love MPlayer-CE. So I wonder if that would be possible.
That's not the point. Starting MPlayer-CE is not the problem. I have several ways too start it: Either through the HBC's WiFi network or from my USB device. But as I said: Starting is not the problem. Getting it to work is the problem, because it will only work, if it is saved at SD:\apps\mplayerce. And since my SD-Card-Slot is broken I can't get MPlayer-CE to work of course. No matter how I start it.
working on this, just using a auto detect function similar to some emulators
smile.gif

Kree_boy, you should read this >> http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/Configs make sure your'e share is correct, if you want some debugging info, then uncomment it in mplayer.conf

botossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiShizzza said:
anybody knows why movies played either with mplayer or geekbox do bucking?
The picture isn't really smooth, is it ?

WiiShizzza, did u find out why the movies are not that good? full of blury images etc...
in in version 0.3a was OKAY, but now, its really bad....

j.m.g.a

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 1 TB usb disc with 2 partitions, one of 900(NTFS) and the other of 80(WBFS), geexbox has not any problem with my disc, but Mplayer-CE does not recognize my usb disc, any idea?
Maybe installing cios usb2 or something?

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to reduce the font size in MPlayer. Can anyone tell me how to edit mplayer.conf in very simple English (an example of exactly what to write?) Thanks!

stanleypetersen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
j.m.g.a said:
I have a 1 TB usb disc with 2 partitions, one of 900(NTFS) and the other of 80(WBFS), geexbox has not any problem with my disc, but Mplayer-CE does not recognize my usb disc, any idea?
Maybe installing cios usb2 or something?

Mplayer CE can only read the first partition, formated in FAT32.
If you're using WinXP you should try FAT32formater.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm asking myself why MPlayerCE doesn't use cIOS249 for USB. That way we would only have to install one of the cIOS for USB 2.0. Is there any reason for this?

cyclogenisis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uranus killer thanks for the all the help. i am getting an installed returned -1 error when im installing cIOS 202 [ usb 2.0 ] on my wii i have never installed it before. im using firmware 3.2U and i have cIOS rev9 already installed know what the problem could be?

KaNiMziE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK I find a way to have Usb Loader (ultimated 7.4), Mplayer CE rev .5 and GreeXboX to work on my HD 1tera USB

I make 3 partitions:

1 partition - 300gig primary format under FAT32 ( I put some AVI, DIVX and MP3 ) with Fat32formater
2 partition - 300gig primary format WBFS ( I put WII backup with Wndows app WBFS )
3 partition - 400gig primary format NTFS ( I put backup .iso )

With this setup I can use MPlayer CE .5 to read media files from SMB and HDD on first partition and USB loader (Ultimated 7.4 or Gui Loader rev230) read my second partition WBFS for play Wii game. The last partition is for Windows XP

KaNiMziE

Kempston

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
0.4 worked fine on mine but 0.5 won't start up. Any reason why this could be happening? Anything 0.5 requires that 0.4 didn't?

I'm on 3.2 firmware.

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love the fact that we can play DVD movies by putting the vob files on an SD card, just tried it out.. but does anyone know if it's possible to activate subtitles on the DVD? If so, how?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another DVDX question, pertaining to MPlayer:

I have 3.2U with a Wiikey and installed DVDX using advanced install for IOS202. I have a crappy 4:3 TV and MPlayer loads fine here. When was I using my Wii with MPlayer on my friends huge LCD, I was getting a code dump when starting MPlayer. I read on another forum that using DVDX under IOS254 would work and it did, but I didn't see any of this posted on the MPlayer Google page.

Would IOS202 still be the preferred DVDX install ios?

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Another DVDX question, pertaining to MPlayer:

I have 3.2U with a Wiikey and installed DVDX using advanced install for IOS202. I have a crappy 4:3 TV and MPlayer loads fine here. When was I using my Wii with MPlayer on my friends huge LCD, I was getting a code dump when starting MPlayer. I read on another forum that using DVDX under IOS254 would work and it did, but I didn't see any of this posted on the MPlayer Google page.

Would IOS202 still be the preferred DVDX install ios?
you will "only" get usb2.0 speed if dvdx is at IOS202

botossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don Killah said:
i'm gonna test with the latest version to see if the quality when down or not.

So, did u tested? for me DVD PLAYBACK is really bad now... more fluid but appears to be having some problems with the CODEC... full of BLINKING SQUARES... as if the image could not be encoded properly... is there someone else having the same problem? or just me? tanx!!!

mc2479

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I change .conf files on my computer? I can't find a program to open them with.

::EDIT::

nm, sorry for sounding like such a noob. I just use notepad;)

ThaKillerKlown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
botossi said:
Don Killah said:
i'm gonna test with the latest version to see if the quality when down or not.

So, did u tested? for me DVD PLAYBACK is really bad now... more fluid but appears to be having some problems with the CODEC... full of BLINKING SQUARES... as if the image could not be encoded properly... is there someone else having the same problem? or just me? tanx!!!

I get the same blocky look during DVD playback on two different Wii's.

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
crezwell said:
Has anyone tried adding Sopcast Streams? found under menu.conf here:
http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/Configs

Im not sure if it means you can only watch your own streams your broadcasting, or whether you could watch other channels being broadcast with the right address. i.e. i watch quite a bit of football on channel 6816
Yeah that's what I use it for
wink.gif
. You just have to right click the video in sopcast and press properties, which gives you the address, and add it into the conf, turning localhost into your network IP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway