UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is the random crashing introduced in v.0.4 been fixed in the latest release? If no, I'll stick with v.0.3a..
yeah, should be, please try
smile.gif

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Question: Is it possible to make a version of MPlayer-CE that can be started from an USB device? Unfortunately my Wii SD-Card-Slot broke. So I can only start homebrew from an USB device. However, MPlayer-CE won't work that way at the time. But I really love MPlayer-CE. So I wonder if that would be possible.

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RPG Hacker said:
Question: Is it possible to make a version of MPlayer-CE that can be started from an USB device? Unfortunately my Wii SD-Card-Slot broke. So I can only start homebrew from an USB device. However, MPlayer-CE won't work that way at the time. But I really love MPlayer-CE. So I wonder if that would be possible.

isnt there a homebrew to start homebrew from a dvd? or i dreamt of that o.0 lol

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's not the point. Starting MPlayer-CE is not the problem. I have several ways too start it: Either through the HBC's WiFi network or from my USB device. But as I said: Starting is not the problem. Getting it to work is the problem, because it will only work, if it is saved at SD:\apps\mplayerce. And since my SD-Card-Slot is broken I can't get MPlayer-CE to work of course. No matter how I start it.

cyclogenisis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
5.0 still does not work for me... whenever i go to read a video or data dvd it pauses for about 15 seconds and then nothing happens. i just downgraded it firmware 3.2u and still nothing. ive used 3 different brands of dvd-rs that all work for my wii games on backup launcher as well. it was working before , then suddenly stopped working.

someone please help
frown.gif

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
5.0 still does not work for me... whenever i go to read a video or data dvd it pauses for about 15 seconds and then nothing happens. i just downgraded it firmware 3.2u and still nothing. ive used 3 different brands of dvd-rs that all work for my wii games on backup launcher as well. it was working before , then suddenly stopped working.

someone please help
Configuring your Wii with USB 2.0 and DVD support.
http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/USB20

do this....

ertandum

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
madtamski said:
@ertandum, dunno what's gone wrong for you buddy, but it works fine for me with a FAT32 1st, 2nd WBFS and 3rd NTFS (this one's for backing up my Wii ISOs).

Hope you manage to figure it out bud.

madTaMsKi

hi again,

i have found an answer ...
here: http://code.google.com/p/ftpii/updates/list

in the process of installing MPlayer CE, i also reinstalled DVDX as suggested in the readme and wiki (IOS202).
apparently this action not only kept MPlayer from accessing my USB Drive but also screwed up net_init() for
both ftpii and MPlayer.
so i switched DVDx to IOS 36 - and voilá:
everything works now as expected.

i can not explain all the details - or why things were failing - as i don't understand it entirely myself.

however... i'm happy again
biggrin.gif

cheers
ed

deceptica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ertandum said:
madtamski said:
@ertandum, dunno what's gone wrong for you buddy, but it works fine for me with a FAT32 1st, 2nd WBFS and 3rd NTFS (this one's for backing up my Wii ISOs).

Hope you manage to figure it out bud.

madTaMsKi

hi again,

i have found an answer ...
here: http://code.google.com/p/ftpii/updates/list

in the process of installing MPlayer CE, i also reinstalled DVDX as suggested in the readme and wiki (IOS202).
apparently this action not only kept MPlayer from accessing my USB Drive but also screwed up net_init() for
both ftpii and MPlayer.
so i switched DVDx to IOS 36 - and voilá:
everything works now as expected.

i can not explain all the details - or why things were failing - as i don't understand it entirely myself.

however... i'm happy again
biggrin.gif

cheers
ed

I've been having the same problem, after following same steps as you. No USB flash drives detected. How did you decide to install to IOS36?

ertandum

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
deceptica said:
[...]

I've been having the same problem, after following same steps as you. No USB flash drives detected. How did you decide to install to IOS36?

i took a chance after reading issue 54 on the above mentioned google code page
smile.gif

hope you can sort it out too
cheers

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a question with the new 0.5 release. I saw this on the MPlayer CE Google page:

QUOTE said:
Comment by drugold, Today (10 hours ago)

1. Please add in the FAQ, that before installing "USB2.0_beta3" you must remove "USB2.0_beta2"! 2. MPlayer-CE v0.5 now works with "USB2.0_beta3" ONLY!
I believe that when I installed USB2.0_beta3, I installed it over beta2. If the above comment is correct, would this might be a reason why some of my AVI files crash randomly? Or would it just be due to codec compatibility issues?

NOTE: Movies don't freeze for me all the time, just sometimes.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway