Homebrew Mplayer-CE

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
After updating to 0.4 Mplayer Ce has crashed twice, seemingly random. Both of the crashes occured while watching episodes of 24 with finnish subtitles. I've watched three episodes, the ones that had subtitles crashed at some point, the one that hadn't subtitles played fine. However, after restarting the wii and fast forwarding to where I left, the subtitled episodes were both fine. The crash was like it was repeating few milliseconds of sound all over and no picture. Held power button down for five seconds to shut down. Dunno what else I can say to help fixing it? Played from USB, no cIOS usb 2.0.

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a little problem here...
I have a SMB share on my computer with my son's cartoons.
Mplayer-CE sees it and plays it, but after a while, it goes back to System Menu...

My wireless is not overloaded and my wii is about 1 meter far, so the signal is very good.
I also don't have any problems playing the videos on my notebook with wireless....

yoshi_2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's still not working even i made the 2nd partition as primary !!
Mplayer ce did not recognize the HDD, but i can see the LED flashing when i selected "WII USB"
but something ... finally nothing

What cios you installed with DVDX

i tried with CIOS 249 and CIOS 202 (USB2 Beta3) ... but doesn't work !!

any idea what's going on ?

cry.gif

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
lexlth, I don't know why it's breaking and returning you to menu, it happens to a few and to others not.

yoshi_2000, have you tried inserting usb before powering wii on and loading mplayer, if it don't work i don't know i don't use usb loaders etc, someone on here said it works 2 actually.

yoshi_2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
finally i made it work !!
I just forgot to activate the partition
tongue.gif

i keep the cios 249 for Dvdx cos' i think i include already the usb2. am i right or i must install dvdx
by using the cios 202 ?

in all case, It's very fast compare to geexbox !!
Thanks again

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
any solution if i´m already on 4.0 because the DVDx installer that would work (the last released version) can only install it into IOS36 or so

yoshi_2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i meant : as i installed the cios 249 rev9 including USB2 (for usb loader)
, i would have imagined that would be enough
(i re-installed again the dvdx with the new cios 249 rev9)

am i right ? or We must install anyway the cios usb2 (202) ?

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I downgraded back to v. 0.3a because of the random crashes. Let's see if the problem goes away, I don't remember anything like that before updating to 0.4. I mean, 3 of 4 videos I tried crashed in v.0.4, never crashed before. Something is definitely wrong.. I find it hard to believe it's the IOS. This still uses the same IOS as previously, right?

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
roku93 said:
I downgraded back to v. 0.3a because of the random crashes. Let's see if the problem goes away, I don't remember anything like that before updating to 0.4. I mean, 3 of 4 videos I tried crashed in v.0.4, never crashed before. Something is definitely wrong.. I find it hard to believe it's the IOS. This still uses the same IOS as previously, right?

first,i never updated my wiiand i used geexbox before , until i updated it ... so now the last version of geexbox didnt work for some reason..lil gbatemp searching , o a new version of mplayer!, install everything i need for it , before i start mplayer i staarted geexbox to see if what i installed for mplayer would make geexbox work , no : ( so i start mplayer .. and ... everything work! theni start a movie to test (i wanted to start a season of the simpson , but idk how to play all the folder lol) everything was ok.........

until.............

GRSHSSHHSHSHSHHSHSBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZSHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHH

my wiimoete stop respondig , fucking lound sound coming from my tv (see what i wrote and say it , it sound like that lol) so i unplug my wii and then start again thinking , maybe just a "onetime bug" then i start the same movie ...and... nothing! the was fine : D then the same bug happened to me like 3 times on maybe 5 simpsons episode -.-

so huh ... hi my name is jordan : D

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, that's exactly the same thing happening to me. Still haven't tried has it gone away with downgrading, but I assume it does. You're using the 0.4 version of MPlayer-CE?

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Having some issues with USB 2.0 reader here. I set up my HD for the USB Loader and figured why not try MPlayer CE as well. So I've got the HD hooked up to Wii. Two partitions of course. I figured one for the USB Loader and one for CE. I did everything in the readme. Installed the USB 2.0 IOS. Set DVDX up to work with IOS 202. I go into MPlayer CE and it refuses to read from my HD. I hear the drive scratching as if it's being accessed, but there's no dice...

So I figure since I know everything was done correctly... There are only two possible conclusions:

A) MPlayer CE doesn't work with several partitions on a drive.

B) My Maxtor 4 750 GB is incompatible with MPlayer CE.

Any ideas guys?

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
roku93 said:
After updating to 0.4 Mplayer Ce has crashed twice, seemingly random. Both of the crashes occured while watching episodes of 24 with finnish subtitles. I've watched three episodes, the ones that had subtitles crashed at some point, the one that hadn't subtitles played fine. However, after restarting the wii and fast forwarding to where I left, the subtitled episodes were both fine. The crash was like it was repeating few milliseconds of sound all over and no picture. Held power button down for five seconds to shut down. Dunno what else I can say to help fixing it? Played from USB, no cIOS usb 2.0.

i got that too, random crashes if watching movies with subtitles.

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
Tanks,
Read though the latter pages for info on USB Drives with various partitions.

If I read through right, the drive I want to place the video files on MUST be FAT32. Correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: anybody here?