Hacking MPlayer CE v0.5 released!

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kizer8 said:
I still can't get mplayerce to connect to a domain PC after trying all these suggestions. Does anyone have it working successfully to a domain PC. If yes, how is your setup?

Thanks,
Kizer
MPlayer CE cannot connect to domains.

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AgentX said:
kizer8 said:
I still can't get mplayerce to connect to a domain PC after trying all these suggestions. Does anyone have it working successfully to a domain PC. If yes, how is your setup?

Thanks,
Kizer

So you are saying that I cannot connect to share on a PC that is part of a windows 2003 domain. I was able to connect with rodries version of mplayer, but it is very old and text based versus the nice GUI of MplayerCE.

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kizer8 said:
AgentX said:
kizer8 said:

Thanks,
Kizer

So you are saying that I cannot connect to share on a PC that is part of a windows 2003 domain. I was able to connect with rodries version of mplayer, but it is very old and text based versus the nice GUI of MplayerCE.
How were you able to connect? What was the line you wrote in mplayerwii.conf?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
since i updated to 0.5, random lockups are on the rise. no idea why. every video i tried to play over smb since the update locked up after about 25%. it worked fine on 0.4 and nearly every file worked with it. i didn't change anything in my network or on my wii.

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AgentX said:
kizer8 said:
AgentX said:
kizer8 said:

Thanks,
Kizer

I have stream = smb://user:Password@ip/C_Drive/ in the mplayerwii.conf in the root of the SD card and rodries version connects just fine.

Thanks,
Kizer

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kizer8 said:
AgentX said:
kizer8 said:
AgentX said:
kizer8 said:

Thanks,
Kizer

I have stream = smb://user:Password@ip/C_Drive/ in the mplayerwii.conf in the root of the SD card and rodries version connects just fine.

Thanks,
Kizer

Anybody.

scrotty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AgentX said:
I have got MPlayer connected to a share on Vista64 machine running on a Win2003 domain and also to a couple of shares on the Server 2003 machine with no problems whatsoever. Just follow the instructions in the ReadMe in the MPlayer folder.

botossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys! did someone notice that up to version 0.2 DVD Playback was OK, and now sucks ?
It seems to be a problem with the CODEC... the image is all full of blinking squares... is this happening to someone else or just me?

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrotty said:
AgentX said:
I have got MPlayer connected to a share on Vista64 machine running on a Win2003 domain and also to a couple of shares on the Server 2003 machine with no problems whatsoever. Just follow the instructions in the ReadMe in the MPlayer folder.

I did, but I still cannot connect. What did you do on your vista PC and the smb.conf file specifically? Can you detail it for me what permissions settings, etc...

Thanks,
Kizer

scrotty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kizer8 said:
I did, but I still cannot connect. What did you do on your vista PC and the smb.conf file specifically? Can you detail it for me what permissions settings, etc...
Thanks,
Kizer
On the Vista machine I created a share on a folder called video and left it with the default premissions in place - i.e just myself having access. Then in the smb.conf file I edited each section to reflect the shares which in the case of the Vista machine was:

#Samba share1 (smb1:/)
ip1=192.168.192.102

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
I still can't get 0.4 or 0.5 to run on my wii.

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/issues/detail?id=206

My issue sadly got merged with that one. Someone who gave very little. Anyway AgentX has not posted in days. I presume he hasn't a clue one what is wrong. Anyone else care to take a stab at why 0.3a and below work for me but 0.4 and 0.5 do?

Please read the comments on the googlecode page first.

And thanks anyone who helps.

scrotty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ben. said:
I still can't get 0.4 or 0.5 to run on my wii.

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/issues/detail?id=206
Ben,

Not sure if that's your screen shot of the files on there (different usernames etc) but that folder looks diffrenet to what I've got in mine and it could be the reason for the failure. Looking at the majority of the files, they are all 1k in size whereas the same files on my machine are various sizes upto 320k. There are also a couple of files missing too but just how important they are I don't know - readme files, and empty folder and a config file with only one comment in it.

mplayer.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    +1
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy