MPlayer and DVDX with copy DVD's?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by woody0, Aug 14, 2008.

Aug 14, 2008
  1. woody0
    OP

Member woody0 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    iv finally had the guts to install the DVDX hidden channel. iv tried the majority of my real DVD's (which is well over a 100) but i'm taking my wii over to my fiancees house soon for a party and we all wish to watch a film, now none of my friend slike the same films as i do (i love all the gory horror films) so we cant use mine. most of my friends films are copy DVD's now i did try a copy DVD before and it didnt work, now iv been told it didnt work because it wasnt a DVD rip. is this lies or do all copy films not work?

2. Dr Eggman

Member Dr Eggman I am THE Eggman.

Canada
    Copied Discs DO work, however,

THEY NEED TO BE DVD-R. If they're DVD+R, then you need to set the booktype to DVD-ROM (which i have no idea how to do)

So bottom line, just make sure the copies are DVD-R. And BTW copies work better in mplayer than original Discs [​IMG]

3. Nano-rus

Newcomer Nano-rus Newbie

Australia

I've noticed that too. My copied Simpsons Movie loads instantly, whereas my real ones take almost a minute.

Also, I was wondering why my Futurama wouldnt load. It must have been DVD+R.

Thanks for the info [​IMG]

4. Dr Eggman

Member Dr Eggman I am THE Eggman.

Canada
    Well it's because the Copy doesnt have protection.

The Legit one does, so mplayer needs to crack that protection in order to read the disc.

if you want to know more: Wikipedia Entry