Mp3 tags all messed up

Discussion in 'Android' started by RodPN, Feb 15, 2012.

Feb 15, 2012

Mp3 tags all messed up by RodPN at 6:15 AM (729 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. RodPN
    OP

Member RodPN GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I upgraded to Gingerbread a few days ago (LG Optimus Black) and now all songs (except one) are displayed under unknown artist and most songs are now named "# name of song". All other tags including album art, are intact. I donwnloaded a tag editor form the market, but all songs showed the correct info in all fields, so I have no idea how to fix it, however when I turned on my phone today, a few songs were now displaying the artist tag correctly

Has anyone ran into the same problem or have any idea on how to fix it?

2. Snowmanne

Member Snowmanne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Use Mp3tag and check if all your songs have the same ID3 tag version. You might have to convert all of them to the same version as the only one that shows the correct information.

3. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    You're not the only one with this issue it seems :P
    You could try using a alternative mmusic player like Poweramp which doesn't have this issue.

4. RodPN
    OP

Member RodPN GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Damn, I'm ging to have to check the ID version, I'll give a shot with the different player, too. Too bad, i liked uberMusic

5. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    If worst comes to worst, you can manually update your mp3 tags using "iTag" on the Android market: It allows you to manually change your mp3 tags, and is universally recognized across Android music players in my experience.