Moving WiiWare to the SD

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by hank987, Aug 21, 2009.

1. hank987
    OP

hank987 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    I've followed the Softmodding guides and got just about everything working correctly on a friend's Wii.

BootMii is installed to Boot2. Preloader is installed, and hacks looks good. I've updated to 4.1 using Waninkoko's updater. CFG USB Loader works sweet. I can launch GC games from the disc. I can install Wiiware/VC to NAND and play it fine. However, when I go to move WiiWare/VC to the SD, I get the message "The data may not have been moved," and indeed, it was not moved. If I try to move Save Data to the SD, it locks up. I've tried several different brands / types of cards (no SDHC).

It did work at some point in the process because the other day I was able to move 2 games to the SD - and they're still there and work fine.

I've tried several different WAD installers also - same results.

I've tried googling this, and the only thing I've found is that you need a patched IOS60, which I've already got.

I'd like to know how to fix this, but more importantly, I'd like to know why it's not working.

[Oops - just realized I posted in the Loaders forum and not the hacking forum - sorry ;-0 ]

2. jservs7

jservs7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2008
    I am having the same problem recently with Contra - ReBirth. I made sure I had IOS53 & 55, but its the first game I havent been able to move. Not sure if it some games just cant be moved, but I was wondering what I might be doing wrong. [​IMG] I have Preloader's IOS on 60, System Menu 4.1 and BootMii 0.3 if that helps.

3. OncleJulien

OncleJulien tool of peers

Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    Los Angeles
    what did you use to patch it? i just had, and solved, this same issue over the weekend by using dop-ios to patch my 60.

4. jservs7

May 14, 2008
    I already had Preloader installed and when you try to patch your IOS60 with Dop-IOS it just bricks your Wii. Any one else have problems moving Contra or any other WiiWare title?

5. zektor

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 29, 2005
    United States
    No problems moving anything. I patched IOS60 a long while back. You need to first uninstall pre-loader, then patch IOS60, then re-install preloader.

6. Kwartel

Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Apr 11, 2009
    Netherlands
    Or install a patched IOS60 WAD file

7. jservs7

May 14, 2008
    This didnt work for me. I guess I can try uninstalling Preloader even though it seems risky. [​IMG] I do have BootMii. Would I just install a 4.1 System Menu WAD to remove Preloader?

8. jservs7

May 14, 2008
    Anyone got any extra pointers? I'm kinda paranoid even though I have BootMii and Preloader. [​IMG]

9. earthworm

earthworm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2009
    Canada
    I just install the wad to the system 1st then go to the data management and copy it over to the sd. It's a slow method but has worked 100% so far!

10. jservs7

May 14, 2008
    Yes I know thats the method, the problem is that its not working for me. [​IMG]

11. jservs7

May 14, 2008
    I downloaded a 4.1 System Menu WAD using NUS Downloader, installed it to delete Preloader (Im assuming it deletes it as its stated on WiiBrew), patched my IOS60 using DOP-IOS, then reinstalled Preloader, but I still can not move that damn Contra ReBirth to my SD. [​IMG]

12. jservs7

May 14, 2008
    After trying a bunch of things, I finally figured out my problem so I might as well post it. [​IMG] I disabled all my Preloader hacks, then tried moving the file and it worked!

Anyone know if there is a 4.1 Preloader hack that might prevent moving WiiWare onto the SD? I guess I can do a few tests to see which one did it for me, but if someone already knows, cough up the info. [​IMG]