Moving WiiWare to the SD

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by hank987, Aug 21, 2009.

Aug 21, 2009

Moving WiiWare to the SD by hank987 at 3:46 PM (1,903 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. hank987
    OP

Newcomer hank987 Member

United States
    I've followed the Softmodding guides and got just about everything working correctly on a friend's Wii.

BootMii is installed to Boot2. Preloader is installed, and hacks looks good. I've updated to 4.1 using Waninkoko's updater. CFG USB Loader works sweet. I can launch GC games from the disc. I can install Wiiware/VC to NAND and play it fine. However, when I go to move WiiWare/VC to the SD, I get the message "The data may not have been moved," and indeed, it was not moved. If I try to move Save Data to the SD, it locks up. I've tried several different brands / types of cards (no SDHC).

It did work at some point in the process because the other day I was able to move 2 games to the SD - and they're still there and work fine.

I've tried several different WAD installers also - same results.

I've tried googling this, and the only thing I've found is that you need a patched IOS60, which I've already got.

I'd like to know how to fix this, but more importantly, I'd like to know why it's not working.

[Oops - just realized I posted in the Loaders forum and not the hacking forum - sorry ;-0 ]

2. jservs7

Member jservs7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    I am having the same problem recently with Contra - ReBirth. I made sure I had IOS53 & 55, but its the first game I havent been able to move. Not sure if it some games just cant be moved, but I was wondering what I might be doing wrong. [​IMG] I have Preloader's IOS on 60, System Menu 4.1 and BootMii 0.3 if that helps.

3. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    what did you use to patch it? i just had, and solved, this same issue over the weekend by using dop-ios to patch my 60.

4. jservs7

Puerto Rico
    I already had Preloader installed and when you try to patch your IOS60 with Dop-IOS it just bricks your Wii. Any one else have problems moving Contra or any other WiiWare title?

5. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No problems moving anything. I patched IOS60 a long while back. You need to first uninstall pre-loader, then patch IOS60, then re-install preloader.

6. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    Or install a patched IOS60 WAD file

7. jservs7

Puerto Rico
    This didnt work for me. I guess I can try uninstalling Preloader even though it seems risky. [​IMG] I do have BootMii. Would I just install a 4.1 System Menu WAD to remove Preloader?

8. jservs7

Puerto Rico
    Anyone got any extra pointers? I'm kinda paranoid even though I have BootMii and Preloader. [​IMG]

9. earthworm

Newcomer earthworm Advanced Member

Canada
    I just install the wad to the system 1st then go to the data management and copy it over to the sd. It's a slow method but has worked 100% so far!

10. jservs7

Puerto Rico
    Yes I know thats the method, the problem is that its not working for me. [​IMG]

11. jservs7

Puerto Rico
    I downloaded a 4.1 System Menu WAD using NUS Downloader, installed it to delete Preloader (Im assuming it deletes it as its stated on WiiBrew), patched my IOS60 using DOP-IOS, then reinstalled Preloader, but I still can not move that damn Contra ReBirth to my SD. [​IMG]

12. jservs7

Puerto Rico
    After trying a bunch of things, I finally figured out my problem so I might as well post it. [​IMG] I disabled all my Preloader hacks, then tried moving the file and it worked!

Anyone know if there is a 4.1 Preloader hack that might prevent moving WiiWare onto the SD? I guess I can do a few tests to see which one did it for me, but if someone already knows, cough up the info. [​IMG]