Hacking Moving to New

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. So, I want to get a New3DS and I'll only be playing MH4U. I'll be using my own cartridge since Gateway doesn't support the New yet, and that's fine. My questions are a few:

Is there something I have to do when I move to the New? Or is it just copy and paste my save files from my old Gateway'd console and sign in my NNID to get online?

Since Gateway doesn't support New yet, what if I want to use my old 3DS again (after setting up my New) and go online with a japanese game for example? Can I keep logging in from the two consoles back and forth?

What about updating my New3DS? Does updating compromise a future Gateway support?

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you want to use gateway in the future you cannot transfer your old 3ds system to your new one because to do it you need to update both consoles to the latest firmware

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So basically this means that whatever happens if I want to use both consoles I have to treat them separately, right? Can't have anything on both, does this include my NNID? I can't log in on both?

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
don't update neither 3DS above 9.2
keep it at 9.2, and wait for gateway (unless you are impatient, in that case buy a Sky but still KEEP IT AT 9.2)

Ok thank you. If I keep my New on 9.2, can I still go online with MH4U? I'm guessing no.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok thank you. If I keep my New on 9.2, can I still go online with MH4U? I'm guessing no.
unfortunantly no, if gateway had released their support for n3ds you could install the game update in order to go online as .CIA without needing to update your console in order to visit eShop and download the update

Reactions: Kibido

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte