HiFX93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I realize that this is probably the umpteenth time some of you have read this thread title, but in all the threads I've read, I couldn't find a definitive answer to what I'm looking for.

• I have a launch-day Switch, that has since been banned by Nintendo
  • I have a "new" revision Switch, with the longer battery life. This one is Clean, unmodded in any way.
Usually, when I play games, I'll download the nsp / xci, play it for a bit, and then if I REALLY like it, I'll actually go out and buy a physical copy. I especially now like the added benefits of a Switch with longer battery life.
Here is my question:

Can I move the save data from some of these games, from the banned console, to the clean console? Keep in mind:
  • This will NOT be using the Nintendo Cloud Save feature, as OG Switch is banned, and I don't even pay for the Online service anymore
  • I plan to use the Data Save transfer feature (introduced in OFW 8.0 I think?...I could be wrong) to transfer save data for games that I only ever played via physical cart (ie, BOTW on day 1)
  • Does this "Save transfer" feature need a connection to Nintendo Online Services (ie some sort of server-side auth) to work, or just plain old internet access? This is wha I want to know. Obviously, if the answer is the former, this is all for naught
  • Does anyone know about games that were played 50/50 with XCIs and Actual Carts? The XCIs were my own Cert dumps, but if I copy those saves over, do we know if any "Traces" may be copied over that wlll lead N to block the newer switch?
Thanks all.

Looking forward to some help here.

Last edited by HiFX93,

dudoso87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same situation here. I just bought a Switch Lite and I would like to know how to transfer the saves to it. Thanks.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think it's possible without homebrew. Your banned switch cant get on Nintys servers and the new unhackable switch requires that.

Reactions: Ratochu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.