Moving Monster Hunter Tri files

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Srslyosm, Jul 9, 2012.

Jul 9, 2012
  1. Srslyosm
    OP

Newcomer Srslyosm Newbie

United Kingdom
    So I know that with the appropriate Homebrew you can put the file onto an SD card and move it around, but what happens to it when you put it on another console? I've read that going online works ok but that your friends list is deleted, that you are instantly banned, or that to get online you have to do something to give yourself a new ID.
    So what actually happens? Once it's moved, how do I safely play online again? Thanks.

2. stev418

Member stev418 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I haven't actually played the game for a long time, maybe over a year - but i was never banned for moving save files. In actual fact since we have 2 wiis i was constantly finding myself moving save files around. Mind you i couldnt move the whole save file since there was myself and 3 kids playing. Iif you backup save via something like Savegame Manager GX you will see that each profile is stored in its own file.

Eg. my son played on wii-1 and saved game, next day he wanted to play on wii-2, yet that's the wii my profile was on, so i would have to copy just his profile file data01 into the saved game folder 00010000524d4850/nocopy/ so he could be up and going on wii-2 without deleting my save file.

Yes, i think i do recall friends get deleted - we didn't care about that anyway.

About banning, none of my family was banned and this profile transfer method was used continually for 100's of hours gameplay online/offline.

Other info: Original game disc dumped to use via wiiflow