Moving Fez window

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Cyan, May 4, 2013.

1. Cyan
    OP

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I bought Fez game for PC (released may 1st 2013), and I would like to play it on my second monitor.
    Instead, it's centered on my first one and I can't move the window manually.

The game window doesn't have any title bar, nor any menu when right-clicking on it in the taskbar. (Alt+space doesn't open anything either. It's a shortcut to right-click)
    Someone know how to manually force a window to move?

I'm on Windows XP SP2, in case it's important.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Have you tried putting a shortcut to the game on the second monitor and starting it from there?

Idunno' if that type of assignment worked back in XP though.

3. sandytf

sandytf GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Have you tried checking if your video card support software provides a "move window" feature? If you have a nVidia video card, then try using the nView Desktop Manager. It provides window moving features. Depending on how the game was programmed, it may not be compatible with moving the window or displaying on a screen other than the primary display. Another idea would be to make the second monitor the primary display and then move all of your icons and the start bar onto the now non-primary display. The nVidia software also provides this feature.

4. Cyan
    OP

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I tried launching the game from a link on the second monitor but it didn't work.
    I tried using UltraMon's "Smart Taskbar" which can add "move to another monitor" in menu bar (but Fez doesn't have one), or in the Taskbar button.
    When I select "Move to another monitor" in the taskbar, the window still stay on the first one.

I don't think it can be forced on the second one.

I don't want to mess with the monitor's order, so I guess I'll play on the first one.

Thanks for the suggestions.

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Is Fez set to fullscreen in Video Settings? If it is, try setting it to windowed. (I know it does not display as fullscreen)

6. Cyan
    OP

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Ah, it was that simple !
    Thank you.

The game was already displayed in windowed mode even though "full screen" was the default selected choice.
    So I thought it wasn't the current mode but the one we wanted to change the display to.

I set the option to windowed and hit Enter to force it in this mode and a menu bar appeared. I can move it to the second screen.
    Thanks.

note: only 1280x720 and 1900x1080 are taking the full windowed area. other mode have black bars, but it's not a problem.

7. Wolvenreign

Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN
    Fez crashes pretty often for me.

8. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I finished the game completely (every room gold) and the only crash I encountered was when my controller ran out of batteries, but that seems fixed now. No other issues either.