Move save files gamecards stored on another 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by AyanamiRei, Jan 28, 2016.

1. AyanamiRei
    OP

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2015
    France
    Hello, it's me again. -_-
    After my 2DS was broken, I contacted the Nintendo repair/transfer service and they told me:
    - to send the console back to fix it
    - or simply to communicate my account datas in order to unlink the Nintendo account from the old console.
    But because I wanted to retrieve the friend list datas and more important my Fantasy Life datas (yes, this game puts the full save on the SD card) and my MH4U datas (= saved pre-settings, quests from the old dasding server and my guild quests collection), they said I would need a new console for that.
    I bought a new one (now perfectly hacked, system v.9.2/10.3 etc...) and a New one (of course, too recent to be hacked). I intended to send the New3DS (10.3) but when I asked them this week what I had to select on their website (on the formular), I was told they would examine the old console and REPAIR it to move the files! In the end, I would pay almost the price of the console (around 70€).

So, I know the 3DSs encrypt the way they store datas on the SD card by naming folders with a random chain of characters. If I managed to find wich folder contains game "X" datas on both consoles, could I swap the files?
    If this is possible, does anyone knows how the multiple quest files of MH4U look like?

2. AyanamiRei
    OP

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2015
    France
    Sorry if it was too long to read.