Homebrew Move Nintendont save from emulated memory card to physical memory card?

KazinWho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

So I've been playing Phantasy Star Online via Nintendont recently, and I decided I wanted to try to play online, not realizing until now that I have to run Devolution on an actual PSO disc (which I do have), but also with a physical memory card to play online. I've been playing off the virtual memory card in Nintendont. I downloaded Gamecube Memory Manager and perhaps I'm just dumb and can't figure it out, but is there a way to move the virtual Nintendont save to an actual memory card so I can play online, or am I just screwed and have to start over?

Thank you in advance for your help!

EDIT: I should specify - I'm trying to move the save file to the memory card plugged into my Wii. I don't have a memory card reader I can connect to my computer...

Last edited by KazinWho,

KazinWho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right - that's what I've been trying to use, but I can't figure out how to pull the save from the virtual memory card and put it on the physical memory card.

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only way known to me is to use the memory card manager of Dolphin emulator. Extract the save file from the memory card image and the restore it with GCMM to your physical memory card
In Dolphin click Tools->Memcard Manager GC
Browse your image, select the save file and press export GCI
Copy the GCI file to your SD/USB device and restore it with GCMM to your physical memory card

KazinWho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way known to me is to use the memory card manager of Dolphin emulator. Extract the save file from the memory card image and the restore it with GCMM to your physical memory card
In Dolphin click Tools->Memcard Manager GC
Browse your image, select the save file and press export GCI
Copy the GCI file to your SD/USB device and restore it with GCMM to your physical memory card

This worked PERFECTLY, and I'd have probably never figured that out. Thank you so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1