Hacking Mounting ps2 iso's while having a dvd/ps3 game inserted.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Whenever I load a ps2 iso with webman, it loads the ps2 iso as an actual disc. But... I'm actually wondering... what if you mount a ps2 game while having a disc inserted on the ps3? Is there any danger? Will the disc be impossible to remove?

I have the PS3 fat (CECHL)
no, there is no issue like that whatsover
the drive will continue working as normal
when you mount a disc, the console redirects\emulates the drive. yo can eject the ps3 game just fine or insert other disc

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok... thanks... I'm a newbie at PS3 modding, i don't know much. I thought the ps2 game would take
data from the disc inserted, but that's just crazy thinking. Again, thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, something I forgot to ask. I have a wired ps3/pc controller. Everytime I boot up a ps2 game, sometimes the controller acts like a pc controller; forcing me to reinsert the controller a couple of times to make it act like a ps3 controller. Any idea why it happens?

Last edited by EpikJimmer,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you're using an iso, you're using Cobra, which completely overrides the physical disc (this isn't true of the older and less accurate JB/folder format, which is mounted with a simple folder remapping - of course this is only an option for PS3 disc backups)

PS2 mode is a completely separate kernel (one of three, in fact, depending on your console model, format of the game, and CFW configuration) - the console resets while you start or end PS2 mode, so you can't keep using PS3 background homebrews like FTP or fan control, all controllers disconnect, and it takes a little while for the console to load the drivers again (after which you must turn on the controller manually)

"a couple of times" is weird (unless you're trying too soon), but of course with 3rd party stuff not many guarantees can be made...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1