Mount SD failed.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by SkittleDash, May 9, 2016.

1. SkittleDash
    OP

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    I have a 64GB SanDisk Ultra micro SD card. I'm trying to launch the homebrew launcher using wiibru. Any ideas why I'm getting this?

2. wiimanofthenorth

wiimanofthenorth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2011
    You need to format it to FAT32. Use something like http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm It's ran from a command prompt.

Also, get the latest version of homebrew launcher and loadliine yourself. And copy them into the correct places.

The ones on wiibru weren't the latest versions. (At least they weren't the other day, and I was getting the same problem as you)

Last edited by wiimanofthenorth, May 9, 2016
  3. NetOps000

NetOps000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    I had this as well took me 4 tries to get it working, really odd since I have an 32GB Sandisk CL10 SDCard which should work because it's a highend card. I did the following to get it working :

Converted from GPT to MBR formatted, make sure there is not a 2nd partition on the SDCard.
    Afterwards format in FAT32 with default cluster size or 64KB for read improvements for games like Twilight Princess / Bayonetta.

4. SkittleDash
    OP

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    Could you be more specific? I'm a little lost. lol

5. NetOps000

NetOps000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    Basicly :

- Make sure you have only 1 partition no unallocated space on the SDCard

- Make sure you're using MBR instead of GPT

- Make sure the SDCard if formatted in FAT32 either with the default cluster size or 64KB

You can check if your using MBR or GPT under Computer Management > Disk Management > Right click on SDCard > Properties > Tab Volumes > Partition style.

You have the option there to convert the Partition style to MBR as well if you're using GPT.

If there's unallocated space on the SDCard delete your main partition and create a new one that uses all available space. (note deleting a partition will wipe all data on that partition!)

6. Xen0

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Gambia, The
  7. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    wiiubru isnt your issue , we host the latest and fully functional version...

8. SkittleDash
    OP

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    Got it working! I used EaseUS Partition Master. Did it in a click of a button. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. ^_^