Motion Plus Problem!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by asdffdsa, Jun 17, 2009.

Jun 17, 2009

Motion Plus Problem!!!!! by asdffdsa at 9:32 AM (1,062 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. asdffdsa
    OP

Newcomer asdffdsa Newbie

United States
    Hey,

I've just purchased Motion plus and played Grand Slam tennis and Tiger golf 2010.

First, Tiger works great!!! especially the disk throwing game... that game actually feels like almost true 1:1 motion!!!

But.... Grand slam in the other hand...... that game feels really... inaccurate and awkward... unlike the promo trailer that was shown by some dude how motion plus works on that game, the character does not really follow what I do.... especially the forehand...... it's weird... but backhand works okay.... but not perfect....

I'm sure that my motion plus has no problem since the TW golf disk game worked perfectly for both side 360 degree!!

I'm running on HDD loader / LU64 / 3.4U

Do I need to update or download some patch or something?

2. shredman

Member shredman GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I don't know how many times i need to post this....

EVERY MP game requires calibration
    Tiger Woods you point down and press a button (centralising the swing)
    Virtua Tennis you point at your player to centralise
    Wii Sports Resort (frisbee game) point at dogs mouth when it retrieves disc
    and then grab frisbee (in the centre of the screen) thus centralising and calibrating

GST recalibrates the wiimote every rally

To those with Grand Slam Tennis Control issues....

You do need to calibrate your WM+

Hold it steady for 2 seconds about waist high...
    Whenever you hold the racquet (wiimote) steady for 2 seconds it recalibrates - so....

Pick a position in front of your TV/Plasma/Display device (central is good)

NB. This part assumes that you have calibrated your wiimote correctly in the first place through the settings menu...

You make movements from here and to the left and to the right (try not to move too much in either direction)

In between points you must hold the racquet (wiimote) in the ready position in front of you as you had at the start...
    This will mean that you dont let the WM+ recalibrate in the wrong position and...

Thats it!

As far as connecting online - the manual (which I'm sure most of you pirates don't have! [​IMG] states that the Wii should be placed
    in a DMZ from your router (this will help connections) and a minimum of 1.5MB/s DSL is required to play this without lag....

The manual also states that you can port forward certain ports but I can't remember which ones they are - its easier just
    to put the Wii in a DMZ. Consult your router manual for details.

Check out this YT vid (by someone on the EA.com forums - bigfunballs to be exact...)

Keeping this in mind (below) might make it easier for you to understand the motions
    (I still use a different grip and it seems to work better for my topspin shots....)

[​IMG]

Use the bottom picture as reference for your ready/recalibrate central position
    (with the wiimote out in front of you and d-pad facing towards the ceiling)

SHREDMAN

3. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the demo video was faked, to convince people of true 1:1, but the game controls and the shots performed are really 1:1, the character animations are not though.

just like Wii Sports Bowling and Tennis, the on-screen character doesn't match what you're doing, but when you complete your motion, they will do what you did, you just have to kind of ignore the on-screen character animations and pretend that you are the one on the court, pull off the shot you want to do a moment before the ball reaches your racket, and your character will do your shot when he/she should.

4. skedone

Member skedone GBAtemp Fan

United States
    @ shredman that post of yours should be stickied mate its well wrote and informative

5. angriest

Newcomer angriest Newbie

United Kingdom
    Yep, second that sticky - great post!