Mother 3 Translation Help

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Marco_Buns, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Marco_Buns
    OP

Marco_Buns GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2015
    Well, I know barely anything in programming and etc... But I want to translate one awesome game "Mother 3" on my language. Well, I downloaded the things which I need to translate it and of course, I don't quite understand it. I have tried looking online for any helps but nothing. Even the website from the people who translated the game into English doesn't even help...

I may be to noobie do to this but if I could just get any help how this works then I think I am set off.

Thx.

P.S Don't be mean and try to be nice here, please?

2. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Whats your language?

Edit:
    There are many fan translations so this is a bit pointless

3. vonfnas

vonfnas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2010
    I'm guessing icelandic? That's at least what "his flag" implies.

4. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    True then i would look in ROMhacking.net and ask around nice folks

5. Marco_Buns
    OP

Marco_Buns GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2015
    Yes, Icelandic is indeed my main language haha

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Icelandic is famously a bastard hard language to deal with when speaking/reading, and only to a slightly lesser extent (though still no cakewalk) on computers, and I actually know very little of the mechanics (I will have to rectify that later) of the language to try to bring up some of the stuff that might come up. Mother 3 is probably also one of the harder to handle GBA ROMs -- every other ROM has oodles of space, Mother 3 used practically every drop in Japanese and that caused the English translation no end of fun.

That is not to say it is impossible but it is not something I would go in for it you are not already fairly versed in GBA ROM hacking. The actual translation stuff (change the font, change text handling, pointers, change the text...) is the same as it is for all systems really ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2016-edition-out.73394/ http://www.romhacking.net/start/ ).

7. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    I would "Hire" people at ROMhacking.net they help alot (like alot) and they have ALOT of guides on Romhacking,translations,tile moving,sprite deletion, and so on nice place to cuddle up at night and read for 30-40 minutes