Mother 3 Problem on EZ-Flash IV

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Snover, Jan 29, 2013.

Jan 29, 2013

Mother 3 Problem on EZ-Flash IV by Snover at 2:48 AM (1,337 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Snover
    OP

Newcomer Snover Newbie

United States
    So after posting my previous thread, I saw that the EZ-Flash IV was back on sale, so I ordered it. Hooray, woohoo! :D

Anyways, after putting Mother 3 on the cart and writing it to NOR memory, I began to play it. I saved, and turned off my Gameboy. About an hour later, I came back, and my save file was deleted! I tried again, and the same happened! Can someone please help me with this? I want to be able to play Mother 3 on the go. :(

Thanks in advance!

2. RodrigoDavy

Member RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Make sure you patched the game using the ez4client. If you've already done that, try formatting your mini/micro SD card using the panasonic sd formatter.

Also, is it only mother 3 or do other games have the same problem?

3. Snover
    OP

Newcomer Snover Newbie

United States
    It's only my Mother 3 game. All of the games using SRAM have been keeping their saves... does that mean that I have to format it all? :/

4. RodrigoDavy

Brazil
    You can copy the files to your pc, format it and later transfer the files back to your sd card.

Just to make sure, I tested the mother 3 save in my ez4 and it worked just fine

5. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    Did you copy the save file that the ez-client creates to the x:\saver directory of the minisd, and are the rom and save file named the same apart from the file extension?

You could try renaming both the rom and save to 8.3 standard, eg a file name of 8 or less characters and the 3 character file extension.
    The ez-flash has a problem with a few games and renaming the files like this often helps. I haven't played mother 3 on the cart myself, so not sure if its the case for this game.

When you soft reset or turn the console off and on quickly after playing, does the ez-flash menu show the normal 'writing to minisd' (cant remember the exact wording, but thats what it means) message?

6. Snover
    OP

Newcomer Snover Newbie

United States
    I'll try renaming the file. I'll get back to you in a bit with the results.

7. Yepi69

Member Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Portugal
    Maybe its the rom, does it save normally on the PC?

Are you using a MiniSD card or an Micro to MiniSD adapter?

8. Snover
    OP

Newcomer Snover Newbie

United States
    I'm using a Micro to mini SD adapter.

9. AngryGeek416

Member AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    may i ask where you ordered it from?

10. Snover
    OP

Newcomer Snover Newbie

United States
    I ordered from realhotstuff.hk since almost everyone recommended them.

11. AngryGeek416

Member AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    i just ordered one aswell...maybe i should get 2? these things wont be around for much longer

12. Yepi69

Member Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Portugal
    Micro to MiniSD adapters tend to have compatibility issues with EZ-Flash IV cards, if you can, I would recommend you to get a 2GB MiniSD card if you could.

13. Snover
    OP

Newcomer Snover Newbie

United States
    Sorry for the late reply, but my issue with this is that mini-SD cards are apparently hell to remove from the EZ-Flash IV, and I don't have any slots on my desktop that accept those. (I'm using a USB Adapter for the Micro-SD.)

14. RodrigoDavy

Brazil
    I use a micro-SD card + adapter in my EZ4 and it works just fine. I would buy a mini-SD but it's difficult to find one and they're a lot more expensive. I think if you just use a good quality micro-SD to mini-SD adapter and make sure the contacts don't get dirty you won't have any trouble.

Btw, there's no such thing as compatibility issues with the EZ4 and adapters. Any kind of something-SD to otherthing-SD adapter is just a passive extension to make the card fit in the slot you want.