☆ミ
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't really feel too comfortable trying to bend the paperclip for it, so I was wondering does anyone know a reliable source for an rcm jig? I don't mind paying for it if it's safer/easier.
i hope this is the right place to ask!

atkinchris

Trophies
XP
Country
The most reliable, safest jig, would be to buy a replacement rail for a joy-con and solder the connector at the ribbon for pin 10 to pin 1 (not soldering the pins directly!). You now have a jig that's designed to be inserted into the Switch many, many times without damaging the pins, and also has a solid connection for pin 10.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
in frying your Switch
Wait, how?! Seriously, its too dangerous?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is actually really dangerous because you cannot cover pin 4 because its the pin that charges the joycon. Huge risk of frying your switch.
Yes when I use thin foil, it cannot charge but only cant charge, nothing weird happened.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The most reliable, safest jig, would be to buy a replacement rail for a joy-con and solder the connector at the ribbon for pin 10 to pin 1 (not soldering the pins directly!). You now have a jig that's designed to be inserted into the Switch many, many times without damaging the pins, and also has a solid connection for pin 10.
to be fair I have tested over 400 jigs in my switch and its still working perfectly fine.....ofc I guess some other jigs are using much more rigid materials (paperclips etc) but sure technically the original switch joycon rail will be completely stock materials and design

Reactions: peteruk

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say enough good things about this paperclip design. As long as you bend it properly and just let it fall into place (i.e. don't apply any pressure in order to force it in place), it's about as safe and as effective as a 3D-printed jig.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the Thin Foil on the joycon and it worked so good! then I did auto RCM and its working like charm.
Remember that if you accidentally leave your Switch in RCM, it will drain your battery. It's best to shutdown your Switch from the OS menu or from an application like Hekate.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that if you accidentally leave your Switch in RCM, it will drain your battery. It's best to shutdown your Switch from the OS menu or from an application like Hekate.
Thanks for the info, I always turn off my system I don't like "sleep mode" in any of my devices.. except for phones. Everything I shut down when im done :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1