Most overrated titles?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awdofgum said:
Call of Duty 4 is probably the most overrated title to date.
Agreed also the Wii I have one haven't touched it a while, any game that pretty much has to do with instruments, Marvel vs Capcom 2, GTA, Ipods and Harry Potter.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
Cablephish said:
Law said:
Cablephish said:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to a new genre in gaming.

All games are pretty much the same, they just add different smaller things that distinguish them, such as having a defining character, like a great characters, or a complex battle system.

The only genre that can really be eclectic is the puzzle genre. You can compare the bulk of puzzle games, and there is variety. But if you compare all puzzle games to all first-person shooters, and you'd find that the FPS genre has more in common within its own genre than the puzzle genre.

The puzzle game genre is so much more broad and has so much more variety than all other genres of games, but that's how I look at it.

Feel free to challenge my opinion.

Puzzle games steal certain things from each other to change slightly, adapt, or evolve.

Bad FPS games steal everything from good FPS games, bad FPS games get overrated, good FPS games steal from the bad overrated FPS games in order to try and get as big a fanbase as the overrated FPS. FPS games don't change, adapt, or evolve.
Ok then tell me this.

What do you look for in an FPS game, an action adventure game or RPG? Cause that's all I ever really see today.

Compare Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine, Jak and Daxter and Rachet and Clank and all other action adventure games.
Now tell me what you look for in an action/adventure game and/or an FPS, and DON'T say challenge, cause those genres can't be challenging in any real sense of the word. Only thing that may change is how much longer it will take to kill an enemy and how many enemies there are.

If you want something that's truly challenging, you can find it plenty in puzzle games, but tell me something else you would like to see in an FPS or action adventure.

I was agreeing with you?
frown.gif

I don't really look for much in an FPS game, usually good weapons and hordes of enemies. You don't see that much these days, though. As for Action Adventure and RPGs, I usually just play what looks interesting.
My bad, couldn't tell whether you were agreeing with me or not
frown.gif

Mr. Awesome/Wack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres my list
Gaylo (halo)
sonic
pokemon
and super smash bros brawl
they ruined brawl. I dono though a lot of people like brawl. you just cant concentrate with all the items and stuff falling from the sky.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I dono though a lot of people like brawl. you just cant concentrate with all the items and stuff falling from the sky.
If you can't concentrate just because there are items, I feel sorry for you, because if that's the case, you're missing out on a lot of other fantastic games that happen to be more distractive. Of course, you can always turn off items.

I don't wanna spark a flame war or anything, but honestly, Brawl is twice the game Melee was.

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is defenitley over-rated. It just never really appealed to me like the other two did. The World Ends with You is also over-rated, I just never understood why people think the game's so good.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWEWY was overall for me a great game, but for my friend he skipped all the story he could, and hated neku because of that then he quit early.
there were 21 days not 7.

Overrated

Halo
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (not bad, but waaaaaaay to overrated)
pokemon (stop making 2 of each, then a kinda better 3rd!!!)
Halo 2
3D FF games (wth!!!crappy 3D graphics don't help!!)
Halo 3(not that great. Don't understand why everyone likes it)

Mr. Awesome/Wack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaems said:
QUOTE said:
I dono though a lot of people like brawl. you just cant concentrate with all the items and stuff falling from the sky.
If you can't concentrate just because there are items, I feel sorry for you, because if that's the case, you're missing out on a lot of other fantastic games that happen to be more distractive. Of course, you can always turn off items.

I don't wanna spark a flame war or anything, but honestly, Brawl is twice the game Melee was.
well not exactly just because of items. there was too many items at one time in brawl. melee had it about right on how many items you should have. I don't find anything wrong with games that really make your reflexis go to there fullest...but brawl it's like who ever get's the most items wins! maybe I'd like it if I put the item filters on....

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Awesome/WackyNinja said:
Jaems said:
QUOTE said:

well not exactly just because of items. there was too many items at one time in brawl. melee had it about right on how many items you should have. I don't find anything wrong with games that really make your reflexis go to there fullest...but brawl it's like who ever get's the most items wins! maybe I'd like it if I put the item filters on....

Brawl definately dumbed it down, let's start with that. It's not a bad game by any means, but they added way too many "easy buttons" in the game, like some Final Smashes, items, and cheapo characters (Meta Knight, anyone?). True SSB fans are drawn to the original or Melee. Brawl is definately toned down significantly.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No one made Brawl easier. Even if Brawl did seem easier, there are still gonna be people that are better than you, so it shouldn't matter whether they made it easier. And plus with the amount of customizability in the game, it doesn't matter whether you thought the game was easy, you could've turned off the smash ball. But if you chose not to, that was your problem.

What really disappointed me was the addition of demos of the classic games. I found all that entirely pointless. There's a lot of other pointless things the threw in that I forgot about

Other than the stupid classic games, I liked the bonuses which they removed. Still a great game though.

Also, is it just me, or did I get bored of Brawl way quicker than I did of Melee?

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. I just don't see what's so good about it. I loved the first two, but this one I just don't get why people like. *flame shield up*

Cablephish said:
Also, is it just me, or did I get bored of Brawl way quicker than I did of Melee?
Melee was a huge improvement from the original, adding a huge roster of characters, giving a huge amount of stages, and a great extra system.

Brawl, well, all that Brawl was really was a slowed down, re textured, repackaged version of Melee. Brawl is like the Chinese knock-offs you find online. Like the original (the original being Melee in this example), but no where near as good. The only real improvements I see in Brawl are the music and the story. They got rid of characters, adding a character from a game no where but Japan is ever going to get, and it didn't feel as fun as Melee did the first time you picked it up.

Tl;dr: No, no you aren't.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cablephish said:
No one made Brawl easier. Even if Brawl did seem easier, there are still gonna be people that are better than you, so it shouldn't matter whether they made it easier. And plus with the amount of customizability in the game, it doesn't matter whether you thought the game was easy, you could've turned off the smash ball. But if you chose not to, that was your problem.

What really disappointed me was the addition of demos of the classic games. I found all that entirely pointless. There's a lot of other pointless things the threw in that I forgot about

Other than the stupid classic games, I liked the bonuses which they removed. Still a great game though.

It's not just you. I got bored after beating SSE in like, 3 days.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Phoenix Wright.... Booooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg! Press the same sequence of buttons over and over whilst reading a dull story!
+1

And I like reading, but that's just such a lame, boring story...

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I've really tried to ignore this thread untill now but I just can't do it.
Nearly every goddamn person who posted so far cannot understand that people have different tastes than them.

The mindless masses may be stupid but they're still entitled to their own tastes. All this talk about whats overrated is simply butthurt because your own favourite game isn't getting the attention an inferiour game (in your opinion) is.

This shit is worse than /v/ and I don't know how this thread has gone on for so long.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CyberFish said:
Another thing too, who here has actually played the game they are saying is over rated?? Also, WHEN is an important question too. As stated Chrono Trigger is 14 years old. If you played it for the first time on the DS, then yeah, you could say it is over rated. However, a few things were added to it since it was released in 95. Also, some of the sounds were altered. I personally like the sounds from the SNES better. Probably cause thats when I played it.
I never played Chrono Trigger until the DS version came out and enjoyed it a lot, I completely understand why it is rated so highly, it's a great RPG although a bit complicated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1