Hacking Most battery efficient flash card?

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got a DS Lite and a DSTT. I actually wanted an Edge card, but DX has sold out of them, so I thought I'd order a cheapo one, then order a better one at a later date.

Anyway, it's an original DSTT, and it's not a bad card really, it runs everything, the only fault is the lack of alphabetical sorting, which is a bit of a pain.

And also - battery life. It does consume significantly more battery life than a retail cart.

So I was wondering, does anyone know which slot 1 card is the most energy efficient? I heard the Cyclo uses more power than most due to extra hardware, but I haven't heard anyone mention which cards consume the least power.

In fact, I'm surprised they haven't been benchmarked and made into a sticky here actually.

Do you think the other slot 1's are much of a muchness, or would an AK2 or Edge card consume less power?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ha you heard wrong about the cyclo it actually has the only battery saver feature which gibes bout 2 more hours

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the R4 didn't slurp on the batteries as hard as the Cyclo does, that's for sure. Even with the battery saver mode, the Cyclo's battery life is still shorter than an R4.

Of course, R4 is dead now, nothing but fakes and clones out there nowadays so it's pretty much useless to even consider, but it's the only two slot1 cards I own, so they're are all I have to use for any kind of comparison.

You should have seen what a hog the Cyclo was on batteries BEFORE the battery saver mode was added.
wtf.gif
It was pretty nasty.

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's interesting Rayder - most of the recent reviews don't have the battery life test, but the Cyclo and R4 are two that do.

And in that test the R4 actually used more power than the Cyclo.

I'd say my DSTT uses 1.5 to 2 hours more battery, that's on brightness setting 2.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Before the battery saver option was introduced to the CycloDS, it used up far more battery than your average flashcart, now with the battery saver, it more on par with other flashcarts on the market though it still uses a little more energy than your average flashcart.

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Narin, so for the rest, do you think they are much of a muchness?

Also, does microSDHC use more than a standard microSD?

Cheers.

XRacer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CycloDS Evo is not the most battery efficient flashcart. So if you are looking for really great battery life I do not recommend the Cyclo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs