Morningtimer errors on Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Nathan__, Mar 19, 2010.

Mar 19, 2010
  1. Nathan__
    OP

Newcomer Nathan__ Newbie

United States
    On my Acekard 2i, Morningtimer crashes every time I try to start it. I've tried all kinds of DLDI patched roms *and* the non-patched rom for both the current version and the previous version. I have even formatted my card 3 times to weed out any corrupt files, nothing. I have ran fscks on the card, no issues.

On the top screen, I get "There is a loss in the main body of the ARM9 code. Please copy MorningTimer.nds with Windows again. THe cause might be a loose connection of the equipment."

The bottem screen says the same thing, only with imgview.nds instead of Morningtimer

Any help?

2. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    Try a format then re-install with the Moonshell2.exe

3. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    It's the homebrew soft reset built into AKAIO 1.6. It modifies the homebrew's code when booting it so that the ds will keep with soft-reset trigger in memory, just like what it does with rom soft-reset.
    It works great for roms as it is buried in the ARM-7 code and that almost never changes between roms.
    It's harder to do with homebrew (since both the code for the ARM-7 and ARM-9 changes between pieces of homebrew), but the AKAIO team has modified particular sections for their soft-reset so that the worst case scenario is that the soft reset won't work.

However, Moonlight left in his error-checking code (to detect if the flashcart is broken, if files are missing etc.) a rule that determines wether or not the binary has been modified at all. It's a logical thing to put in there because if the flashcart is modifying or corrupting the program then it will likely corrupt other files, so it's a good idea to inform the user before he loses all of his data (save games etc.).

The only solution is either to turn off hb soft-reset (not sure if this is possible- haven't found the setting for it) or wait for either the AKAIO team or Moonlight to fix the issue.

In the meantime, I don't think that other firmwares will be able to modify the homebrew binary. So (if you have it installed) try booting YSMENU or Moonshell 1 or 2 (if it runs) and then run the binary itself.