Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, still kinda stumped on this one.
I'm assuming you're getting to CTRBootManager and rxTools won't boot?

Thats exactly it, rxtools will boot if done through ctrbootmanager from the browserhax, bot not if ctrbootmanager is loaded with menuhax, it just reboots back to ctr

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats exactly it, rxtools will boot if done through ctrbootmanager from the browserhax, bot not if ctrbootmanager is loaded with menuhax, it just reboots back to ctr
That's weird, it works for me. What's the structure of your SD card and which boot.3dsx are which?

Oh yeah and post your boot.cfg

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Forgive me for asking, but I can't seem to find this anywhere and this seems like an appropriate place:

When unlinking SysNAND and EmuNAND, everyone says to basically format the EmuNAND, but from what I understand that would reset the Friend Code and such of the EmuNAND.

Is it possible to format the SysNAND instead so that the EmuNAND can be a "daily driver" of sorts? I'd want to use my current NNID and Friend Code on EmuNAND and I'd pretty much leave SysNAND alone on 9.2.
I mean, I GUESS you could use TinyFormat on your sysNAND to retain everything on emuNAND instead.
But then you'd have to install FBI over H&S to sysNAND and install and run TinyFormat through DevMode.
I didn't account for that in the guide because I wasn't sure people would want to do that.

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting to CTRBootManager and rxTools fine, its only when I'm trying to boot rxMode when it goes to a black screen for me.
Are you letting it autoboot or do you press A? Whenever I manually select it and boot, it freezes. Autobooting is fine or some reason.

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you letting it autoboot or do you press A? Whenever I manually select it and boot, it freezes. Autobooting is fine or some reason.
Boot configuration was pulled directly from ctrbootmanagers folder, as it was the only one that didn't say it was missing, paths have been corrected and I can load rxtools menu by holding L just fine, it's hanging booting to emunand however, and makes no difference if it is a manual boot or autoboot

Last edited by Phil Shroyer,

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm completely stumped.
What happens if you hold L whilst opening rxTools to open the menu?
That menu will open, I have access to all of the settings, but when trying to actually boot rxmode, either directly from the menu or letting it autoboot, just hangs on a black screen. However when loaded from browserhax into ctrbootmanager, everything works as intended

Reactions: docpaul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: