totalnoob617

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can somebody help plz i have been trying to get this to work 4 almost a week now i have scdstwo an 8gb class 4 lexar micro sd and dslite i downloaded the newest firmwar/os/eos(1.06 i think) from supercard site it had moonshell in the zip the newest version ,i have tried putting the folder with my mp3 files(named mp3s) in different places but nothing seems to work ,root:mp3s , root:moonshl2-mp3s ,root:media-mp3s , ican browse to the folder but not inside it not only does it not play the mp3 i cant even see any of the filenames i see the folder highlight it and press and nothing happens i tried the pop-out munu on the right pressed play from there and nothing i tried an option i found that said play all mp3s in folder ,and one that said play all mp3s on card and still nothing, i also have lick (ipod simulator)and it finds and plays the mp3s form the same folder ,same location just fine,im not sure of the bit rates of the mp3 i think its low ,they are old files not sure it matters ,do i have to name the folder something specific?(caps sensitive?) ,does it matter where it is?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If I understand you right you can see the MP3 folder but you can't browse into it to see your mp3 files ??
Can you browse into any other folders ??

Can you check to see if you have accidentally got the 'Lock folder navigation' ticked ??
Press [Start] > GUI/Audio settings > filelist > Lock folder navigation

If you have - try removing the tick (Remember to tap [Apply]) & see if you can browse into the folder(s) now

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't even read your post...
It doesn't matter where the files are as long as moonshell2 can get to it. If you can see the .mp3 files, then you should be able to play them. If you somehow can press on a folder and literally nothing happens (literal in the non-figurative way), then there is probably something wrong with your microSD. Possibly try backup/reformat and install a clean moonshell2 from Moonlight's website:
http://home.att.ne.jp/blue/moonlight/

-edit-
Make sure you check what Cannonfoddr said as well (check that first probably).

totalnoob617

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys thanks alot for the fast reply. ok i put 3 more mp3 files in the folder and they work but all the other ones still dont show up , the lock folder was not ticked but "hide unsupported files" was so i tried it unticked,it didnt make any difference then i went to the file attributes at the bottom the only one that was ticked was hidden i tried different combos of tick and unticked ,hidden ,read only and archive ticked... etc the only thing that happened was the 3 files that show also dissapeared
with one of the combos ,i put the card in my pc and checked all the bit rates and they are all about the same, when i browse the files in windows explorer i checked properties the ones that work have only 2 attributes under properties read only and hidden (both unticked)and there is an advanced tab,when i check file-properties-attributes on the ones that dont work it shows hidden, read only,and archive and there all ticked,it must have to do with that ,but they all work in lick
wich boxes in moonshell should i tick, and wich ones on file properties

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Try taking off the Read-Only on all of your mp3s.
-edit-
Scratch that, it probably won't do anything. If your mp3s are hidden, you should have moonshell2 have no ticks on in the "Hide file attributes". My music all are archived, but are not hidden nor read only. Apparently read only doesn't affect anything, and neither does hidden. The only things they seem to do for moonshell2 is decide whether the file is displayed or not depending on what file attributes you want to have hidden. If you still can't see your mp3s, you could try the advise that I gave earlier (backup/reformat etc.) because I don't think there is anything else that would be able to do that.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm - that's weird
The working mp3 have only the 2 properties boxes (Read only/Hidden), while the non-working mp3's have 3 attribute boxes (Read Only/Hidden/Archive)

- I'm not sure if that right or not

I've checked my mp3 & they only have the 2 boxes - so that's got me thinking that the non-working mp3 are not 'true' mp3's & that's why they're not working (although why 'licks' work & not Moonshell I don't know)

Is there any way you could 'convert' the nonworking mp3's to mp3 ?? - or perhaps to one of the other file formats that Moonshell uses - just to try out ??.

totalnoob617

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thatks guys i got it work ,it was the file attributes ,i just got this compute not too long ago so im not used to all the little annoyances in win 7 yes there were only 2 boxes in the file property attridutes ,and yes its weird cause some have 3 but then theres that advance tab,i jst really had never had a need for all this stupid xtra security i dont know why ms makes 15 versions of windows
i thought it wa so they woulde be tailored to the user demographic ,they should have a home version of 7 w/o so much needless security that homeusers rarely give 2 $#!t$ about ,not so much that but win7 locks me out of some of my own folders even when im logged in as admin ,cant even figure out how i finally got to my files and i been building my computers since win3.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission