Moonshell - WTF ?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Its_just_Lou, Jan 18, 2013.

Jan 18, 2013

Moonshell - WTF ? by Its_just_Lou at 1:13 PM (701 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Its_just_Lou
    OP

Member Its_just_Lou GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'll assume this goes here, as I am seeing related questions. (No clue as to all the terms, though; 'flashing' and such...)

Anyhow...

I have guys and gals that help me with PSP needs, though none of 'em are DS people, so I'm left waggling in the wind.
    Got this 'MoonShell' thing recently, with much help from a friend, but don't know how to really 'use' it, if I'm making much sense at all ? Apparently it allows you to watch full-length films via the DS w/AceKard ?

Thanks in advance for any and all help -

:grog:

2. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    You cannot view AVI files(Only some certain format.) on a normal NDS flashcard.

What flashcard do you have?

3. Its_just_Lou
    OP

United States
    (I don't fully understand the 'AVI' thing, though I do see that term used a lot when downloading films, etc..)

We only use AceKards - 2i, if that helps.

Thanks -

4. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Well okay, then the simple answer is no for now.(I'll edit my post in a moment with more info)

But it is possible, if you download films from the internet in MP4 (--> other word for avi) format(this is clear right?)

Moonshell 2 is by far the most advanced media player for the DS. This application is the successor to the original Moonshell. The author of this application is called Moonlight (or Infinite Paralyser originally).

Moonshell 2 currently supports the following file formats:

-Music Formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG, WAV, M4A, AAC, WMA, TTA, MID, RCP, R36
    -DPG encoded video
    -MOD formats: MOD, IT, MTM, S3M, XM, 669, MED, STM, AMF, GDM, ULT, UNI, ASY, IMF, OKT, STX
    -Chiptune formats: SPC, NSF, GBS, HES, AY, SAP, KSS
    -Playlist formats: M3U, WPL
    -Picture formats: JPG, BMP, GIF (non-animated), PNG, PSD
    -Text Files

Credits to sticky topic above.

You can convert movies to Moonshell format(or Google: 'Film Name' for moonshell) but I won't bother you with that since that is a shitty and worthless task, the quality is derp. I advice you using a smartphone or Supercard DSTWO, that is a lot easier

5. Its_just_Lou
    OP

United States
    Ah. Well, its been just sitting on the AceKard, (the little icon, that is) should I just toss it to the trash, then?

I suppose the PSP is better for films, anyhow....

6. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    For further reference, you might want to have posted this in NDS>Emulation and Homebrew. I think this section is more for specific flashcart discussions. Anyway, you can play movies with moonshell, but it has to be in a very specific format in order to work. For most people it's not worth the trouble to convert them and then watch them in low quality.

7. Its_just_Lou
    OP

United States
    Ohhhh...yeah, maybe I'll just forget the whole damned ball of wax, then.

After all, if I ever somehow 'NEED' to see a full film on-the-go, we have UMDs and such.

(Thanks just the same though, guys - Stroopwafel and Mettwurst for you both.)

Moonshell = In the bin.

:grog:

8. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    I think most people use it for listening to music, but if you don't want that you can just delete it yeah.