Homebrew moonshell wont work please help!

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey you guys! I am lost and almost giving up. I am all new to this and maybe case I'm a girl
moogle.gif
I don't know.. Anyway after receiving a fake dssti, waiting months literally to solve this and go with acekard 2, hours of research and using 2 ds"s I am so proud to say!!!!!!!!!!!! I got it working!!!!!!! Now my next challenge is the Moonshell.. I am in this another day almost crying.. no success. I have a dsi, acekard 2 that is not acekard 2i as I ordered but says dsi compatable, which is.. I have downloaded moonshell for AK2 from acekard.com, at least that is the only one I thought is for me since I do not need Chinese. I had it on the root of sd and when I put it into the acekard 2 and dsi then > nothing opened. When I click on it some sort of screen saver type clock is what it looks like is there nothing else. I think it said error but really nothing basically happens. I tried to also put moonshell 2 just reading from posts, at this point I don't even know which one is for me.. I don't have acekard 2i but mine is acekard 2 however for dsi so I am confused. So this one now opened with all its folders etc, but again nothing happens. No selecting language option or a way to start it up..
I have read many times to put forlder on root directory and the other which is a file moonshell.nds anywhere. However anytime I download the moonshell it only comes with one folder only! In the moonshell 2 that file was inside of the initial folder. Another words only one folder downloads which includes the file. nds, not separately. Also, I have no idea what patching means or what it does. Everything else works fine, the games.. etc. I have a movie file with videos in dpg. That also does the same thing, nothing happens when I open it , nor do I see the videos, but obviously the moonshell isnt proparly handled. I am at lost after hours googling, reading etc really have no idea what else to do. Please help! I greatly appreciate any responses.. Thanks!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For moonshell 2, try downloading from this site (the first link). Then execute the file (and extract to the desktop is fine). Once its all done, the first thing to do is get a patched version of the nds file, so go into the folder misctools/AutoDLDIPatch/DLDI and delete everything except "ak2.dldi" and "ak2.ini". Then go up a folder and use the "AutoDLDIPatch.exe". and just click until it says "DLDI path complited." and there should be a newly nds file made in the same folder. Grab that file and place it on your microSD (anywhere is fine, but for simplicity, just put it in the root of the SD). Now go back to the moonshell205stable folder and copy over the "moonshl2" folder to the root of your SD as well. Congratulations, you should now have a clean, workable moonshell 2 (unless something went horribly wrong). Of course, this is still in Japanese, so lets fix that.
Go back to the moonshell205stable folder and execute the "LanguageSelect.exe". Out pops this little window that asks what drive Moonshell 2 is in, so just change it to the microSD that has the moonshl2 folder you copied over earlier. Scroll down and look for the language translation you want (probably the first one "000 ENG / English by Densetsu3000"), so just highlight it and click "Save". Now your default language is set and it should work in whatever language you changed it to.
What you have just done (all of this stuff above) is make an executable working moonshell 2 that can natively play various audio files, dpg files, read text files, and execute most homebrew nds files (except ones over 2mb). All you have to do is use the acekard 2 to browse over to the nds file you copied over way back when and execute it.

(I only have an R4, but I think it should work this way for most cards)

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies! Appreciated
moogle.gif

to the first one >
1. yes, I have an acekard 2 that works on dsi
2. I am not sure if the moonshell downloaded was the right one (I tried moonshell for AK2 from http://www.acekard.com/download.php and moonshell 2 beta) but neither one worked.. the reason I stated I do not know if it is correct one also is because everyone recommended for nds file to be placed anywhere besides the moonshell folder being in root of sd > but I never seen any nds file or if the file would be there it was inside of the innitial moonshell folder and I was not sure if i needed to take it out of there..)
3. yes when I put the acekard into dsi when clicking on moonshell folder nothing happens or screen saver with thin clock arms with space like (starts) would go on but nothing happens, nor can I see videos in movies folder...
Hope that helps and thanks for the help!

to the second reply > wow > Thanks > It sounded fairly complicated but than again I do not have the dsi on me and by reading I'm sure it's different than doing:) But when I'll get to it I will try to follow your instructions and will post back what happened. By executing means clicking on it? Forgive my lack of knowledge when it comes to this..
hate2.gif
trying to keep up
smile.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Its actually pretty easy and takes about 3 minutes of your time. By executing, I do mean clicking on it. Just once you get down past the second paragraph, you should be able to turn on your DSi, browse over to the moonshell nds file, and click it and it will work (supposing its as simple as it is on the R4 as it is on the acekard2).

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!! Just stoped by to say I just have not gotten to it yet (writting a research paper:). Although I'm sure it will be as quick as you say (given I will manage:) I will get to it and looking forward to updating you as soon as I have a minute to concentrate
rolleyes.gif
! Thanks a bunch for investing your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far.. I finally got to it and unfortunately not much of a success…….
frown.gif

First when you recommended to delete everything except "ak2.dldi" and "ak2.ini”. I looked bunch of times and there was no ak2.ini, so I tried anyway just deleting everything except “ak2.dldi”, since the other one was not there…
However; I did get as far as the “ DLDI path complited”.. But when you said : “there should be a newly nds file made in the same folder”>> I am not sure which same folder. I only saw one nds file in the overall folder that I have extracted onto desktop, not sure if that was the one or if it was there earlier, anyway the name is “Moonshl2.nds” So I put it on the root of sd card.
I did the language thing.. Put the sd card into acekard, put it into dsi and did found the “mooshl2.nds”, clicked on it but only white screen appeared. Nothing happens. Actually initially it says “loading” for a sec then the white screen…. What do you think? Thanks for all your replies! Vendula

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow... so that was like 3 seconds and it works!!!!! You are very cool for taking your time and helping like that! Very appreciated:) I wanted to ask.. if I like to get a skin for dsi, I have downloaded one but when I click on it, nothing seems to happen.. I am not sure if this needs the moonshell, or how that works.. but regardless the moonshell works so that wouldnt e it:) forgive my lack of knowledge.. but this was a nice experience to learn and see how this all works.. Thank you really. If I can leave you a feedback or something please let me know where.. Vendula

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok.. actually I do not know what type it is.. it does not have or at least does not show an extension but I downloaded it from here I assumed since it was on acekard site it would be compatible. What format should I look for? or better yet > where could I get skins for this and how do you go about changing such skin.. open it in moonshell I assume? Thanks

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The ones on the acekard site is for the actual firmware and not moonshell 2.

For acekard skins, it should be just dragging the folder with all of the pictures and two folders, "calendar" and "screenshot", into a folder on your MicroSD. Just go into your firmware folder (_ak2 or _aio) and drop the skin folder into the "UI" folder. To change the skin, just turn on your DS and go to the "Start" button and click "System Options". Then you will get this nice screen where the first option is the "Interface Theme". That is where all of your skins for your acekard will be. Just use the two arrows to go to the skin you want and press "ok" and then it should change the selected skin into your current skin.

As for moonshell 2 skins, you just need .skn files (you can find some of them here, or if you want, I can upload most if not all of them since I have most of them in a folder already). For those, you just need to use Moonshell 2 to browse over to the .skn files and press the A button.

(xD you edited your post before I finished posting mine. I'm learning stuff about other flashcarts now xD)

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks:) you work fast.. I will give it a try.. also I have been downloading or at least trying:) all night a game : "mario and luigi bowser's inside story.. " and no matter where I get it from when I open it in acekard it shows a white screen.. do you think they all all bad files? or am I doing something wrong. they were .nds or it said nds patched etc..... all other games working fine with the same steps. Thanks!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
They shouldn't be bad files, its the anti-piracy that Nintendo uses to attempt blocking piraters. If I remember correctly, it was fixed for most, if not all of the flashcarts. You can possibly try updating your firmware (Acekard users prefer akaio I believe) to the latest version (akaio 1.5).
Just in case you don't know how to update your firmware, the akaio wiki seems to be fairly easy to follow.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No problem xD! I'm here to attempt helping (although my success rate is sort of random, since I only have an R4, I can't really say anything about the other carts) since moonshell 2 is about the only thing I know about xD.

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and that is just the firmware right? I assume I dont have to do anything with moonshell. I have to go to sleep but I did a bit and it seemed as first direction recommended to format the sd and then it said another option what it seemed like to just delete original firmware and replace with new files, that was a bit confusing, but I will read up tomorrow and hopefully with some success. I dont want to screw up anything now that everything works:) thaks and I will keep you updated!

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you doing great and made my night so that counts! and I appreciate your effort. It is sweet. Thanks will try again tomorrow.. Vendula

kurtsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got moonshell to work!
Downloaded from official acekard2 website.

When I run it has error. something about "are you sure moonshell is in the correct
directory? and have i enabled resume mode" ?

Then inside moonshell, lots CPU Overflow messages.
But moonshell works. Just the black screens.

AK2i AKAIO 1.5 Kingston 4GB SDHC

vendula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got everything up to date! AKAIO, whoohoooo... At first I got an error on Moonshell but I reformatted the sd card and everything is great, even that one game works now, so awesome:) Thank you so much... now my new challenge is to put some movies on..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: