Moonshell Help

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Doctor Luigi, Aug 23, 2008.

Aug 23, 2008

Moonshell Help by Doctor Luigi at 8:50 PM (867 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Doctor Luigi
    OP

Newcomer Doctor Luigi Member

United States
    A while ago, I downloaded DSOrganize somewhere on GBAtemp and put it on my CycloDS. This DSOrganize was special in the fact that it would launch from the media icon on my CycloDS. But now, whenever I try to launch Moonshell (by renaming the folder), it still links me to DSOrganize! How do I get rid of DSOrganize so I can use Moonshell? Please help and thanks.

2. RyukeDragon

Newcomer RyukeDragon Advanced Member

United States
    The way that dsorganize was "special" is that it overwrote your m3/r4's "_DS_MSHL.NDS" with one that linked to DSO. Just replace that file with the actual moonshell one and you'll be on your way.

Edit: this is assuming that you are using a m3/r4, but rereading your post makes it clear that it is not. The same method should apply, I just have no clue what your card's moonshell link naming convention is.

3. Doctor Luigi
    OP

Newcomer Doctor Luigi Member

United States
    Is the specific file name moonshell.nds (for CycloDS)? So I replace that file? Thanks.

4. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    _DS_MSHL.NDS is the file that is launched when you tap the media button (I think)
    so for example, if you changed the name of FFCC:RoF to _DS_MSHL.NDS, it will launch instead of you media program.
    so you need to rename moonshell to _DS_MSHL.NDS and overwrite the current one