Moonshell error

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by grainsofrain, Sep 7, 2008.

Sep 7, 2008

Moonshell error by grainsofrain at 7:43 PM (2,495 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. grainsofrain
    OP

Newcomer grainsofrain Newbie

United States
    So I was used the Videos with Moonshell tutorial on here, but on my lower screen, there's a red error message (everything loads too quick to see all of it fully), and then after a while, my ds just looks like it's in standby mode and goes all blank.

I used the moonshell that was provided and the one on offical DSTT website, but neither worked -- same error page.
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, any ideas?

The red error message:

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Beleive it or not, the error page is normal. The intention is that if the application actually crashed while loading, that page would stay up long enough to read it. Seems like bad design to me, but that's how it works.

I'm not sure why your moonshell isn't working though. I got it to work on mine using both the version on the official DSTT website and the actual moonshell build.

-Bri

3. grainsofrain
    OP

Newcomer grainsofrain Newbie

United States
    Oh, well, I had reformatted the flash drive too and lost 1 mb (my 4gb sdhc card came with only 3.68mb, not sure if that's normal or what).

When go into my media folder to play the dpg video, the ds goes blank and the light blinks (standby mode). Is it normal like that or is the movie loading or something? lol

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It is normal for your card to have less free space than expected because some of the space will be taken up by the file table when you format the card.

I don't play videos on my NDS, so I can't tell you the normal behavior, but it doesn't sound normal to me! Possibly your video wasn't converted correctly or is otherwise corrupt.

-Bri