Homebrew Moonshell 2 Requests

mayhem366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thought I'd make a quick topic on some of the things that we'd like to see integrated into Moonshell seeing as it the most awesome media player out there for the DS.

First off I'd like to see some kind of visualization feature for music playback, that would be pretty awesome.

Another idea is that of a media library where you can search for artists etc.
This idea is probably not feasible due to memory issues even with expansion RAM, am I correct?

Also features that seem to have been killed off (or i cannot find them) is that of playback continuing and controlled via the shoulder buttons when the DS was closed.
The normal playback mode seems to have disappeared too...i can only seem to find shuffle, repeat and repeat all...

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mayhem366 said:
Thought I'd make a quick topic on some of the things that we'd like to see integrated into Moonshell seeing as it the most awesome media player out there for the DS.

First off I'd like to see some kind of visualization feature for music playback, that would be pretty awesome.

Another idea is that of a media library where you can search for artists etc.
This idea is probably not feasible due to memory issues even with expansion RAM, am I correct?

Also features that seem to have been killed off (or i cannot find them) is that of playback continuing and controlled via the shoulder buttons when the DS was closed.
The normal playback mode seems to have disappeared too...i can only seem to find shuffle, repeat and repeat all...
Dude, this ain't an ipod... (idea #2) and (idea #1) won't work cause this isn't a dsi... for (idea #2) just make folders of the artists..

mayhem366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I already have folders of artist but when you want to find one song within a list of 80 it gets a bit annoying.

I know it's not an iPod, the DS doesn't crash...

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mayhem366 said:
I already have folders of artist but when you want to find one song within a list of 80 it gets a bit annoying.

I know it's not an iPod, the DS doesn't crash...
well try making seperate folders(ex Linkin Park A-M.. Linkin Park N-Z) or, if all you use moonshell2 for is music, use the iPod homebrew

mayhem366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, I watch videos on it too occasionaly. The folder idea is ok but my files are all named weirdly anyway so that would mean sorting them out which i don't wanna do
tongue.gif

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mayhem366 said:
Nah, I watch videos on it too occasionaly. The folder idea is ok but my files are all named weirdly anyway so that would mean sorting them out which i don't wanna do
tongue.gif
if you have that many songs, consider investing in an iPod? or iTouch?

mayhem366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have that many songs on my DS as my collection would not fit on my 8GB card.
I do however already own a Creative Zen (16GB) that does the trick but sometimes you just don't want to cart around all your electronic gadgettry.

Are you employed by Apple by any chance?
tongue.gif

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mayhem366 said:
I don't have that many songs on my DS as my collection would not fit on my 8GB card.
I do however already own a Creative Zen (16GB) that does the trick but sometimes you just don't want to cart around all your electronic gadgettry.

Are you employed by Apple by any chance?
tongue.gif
Well if you don't have many songs, Just rename the songs to their name and put them in a folder? and why not just Listen to music w/ the Zen?

mayhem366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the time that i most use my DS is at uni, play it between lectures with my course mates and listen to music for travelling to and from lectures.

As for renaming, tidying up song data is so dreary and the automatic tools I've tried just make it worse.
Overall....I'm too lazy.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mayhem366 said:
In one of the options menus, you can find a section that controls what the L/R buttons do. The default setting is to disable them when the lid is closed, but you can change it. Then you can double-tap R for next, L for previous, and press both at the same time to pause.

mayhem366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The only option i can see is one called L/R key use limitation. Whatever option i put this on, when i close the lid, playback is paused...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's the right setting, yeah. Playback should continue through the headphone port when the lid is closed. I'd double-check the other settings to see if something is preventing that from happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do you have the mini radiator cooler? I Jerry rigged a heatsink and 5volt fan from a dead graphics card on mine, but eventually wanna get a real cooler/fan.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pure copper heat sink kit and fans
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know bout sets, I downloaded all the roms for mine separately.
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"