Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well moonlight sent me moonshell 2 that plays in the bottom screen what i know need if in monshell 2 there a option for the bottom screen not to shut off the light in the bottom screen after a period of time

smellyunicorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
well moonlight sent me moonshell 2 that plays in the bottom screen what i know need if in monshell 2 there a option for the bottom screen not to shut off the light in the bottom screen after a period of time
yeah while playing the video click the start button to bring up a menu. At the very bottom of page you should see a back light time, Click the off box.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smellyunicorn said:
Stevetry said:
yeah while playing the video click the start button to bring up a menu. At the very bottom of page you should see a back light time, Click the off box.

i owuld like to do it but my ds is broken so some could do it in ther moonshell and them zip it up send it tome into would be a great help

TLOZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys
wink.gif

Are there any "accesorys for emulators" (srry if I spelled it wrong) for moonshell2 (sth. like an app)?
for example that I can select a (S)NES rom in the explorer and moonshell will load it?
(just like the imageviewer)
Ehhh hope you know what I mean

Would be really cool btw
wink.gif

Edit:
btw. NES works - I mean SNES
wink.gif

Any nds I can put in the extlink folder?

Edit2:
Is there any possibility to exchange the current moonshell NES emulator (NesterDS) with NesDS?
Cause the current one seems a little buggy to me..(?)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
TLOZ said:
Hey guys
wink.gif

Are there any "accesorys for emulators" (srry if I spelled it wrong) for moonshell2 (sth. like an app)?
for example that I can select a (S)NES rom in the explorer and moonshell will load it? (just like the imageviewer)Sounds like you want a list of more 'extlink' programs (or 'plugins') for Moonshell
Well there's is this pack I did for my MAIO package

It contains the folowing files 'Tunavid, Lameboy, GBA Exploder, jEnesisDS, NesDS, SNEmulDS, SpeccyDS'

But one thing to note - these WILL NOT autoload the ROM automatically (That's because the original Emulators never allowed for that to happen)
All moonshell will do is start up the Emulator when you select the appropriate ROM file, you will still need to re-browse & re-load the ROM again once the Emulator has started

QUOTEAny nds I can put in the extlink folder?
Technically Yes you can - all you need to do is add the file extension to the start of the Emulator name, but not all nds will work - IIRC I could never get DSVideo to work right for some reason

e.g. 'tunavid.nds' is renamed to 'avi.tunavid.nds' - since it uses 'avi' files, 'speccy.nds' is renamed to 'sna.speccy.nds' - since it uses 'sna' files

TLOZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CannonFoddr said:
But one thing to note - these WILL NOT autoload the ROM automatically (That's because the original Emulators never allowed for that to happen)
All moonshell will do is start up the Emulator when you select the appropriate ROM file, you will still need to re-browse & re-load the ROM again once the Emulator has started

Ok thanks for reply
wink.gif

Anyway seems to be pretty useless without some kind of ROM-auto-load...
I just download the package; may be useful...
however, thanks
smile.gif

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Quick Moonshell question. Is it supposed to make the power light on my DS go completely out(sometimes it just gets very dim) when it's playing a video? That worries me a little.

Running it on an AK2i on a launch day DS Phat.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
windwakr said:
Quick Moonshell question. Is it supposed to make the power light on my DS go completely out(sometimes it just gets very dim) when it's playing a video? That worries me a little.

Running it on an AK2i on a launch day DS Phat.
yes it is

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
ferofax said:
hey guys, i've got a question i've been meaning to ask for some time now. i'm playing SRT Masoukishin LoE and i'm using some FAQs as reference. i wanna be able to view both english AND japanese (mostly kanji) text in the text viewer. IIRC, i was able to do this without much problem on moonshell 1.71 (the one that comes default with an EDGE card), but i can't seem to pull it off quite right for moonshell 2.09 (i used 2.10, but it's buggy as hell, and once it crashes it on me, it actually stops booting right for me as keeps trying to resume where it crashed making it crash again, so i reverted to 2.09).

any tips?
I have only one thing that will definitely work correctly (after some few odd bits of testing). You can replace the messages.933 (Japanese) with messages.000 (English) and it will show Japanese characters (should support all that the original messages.933 supported) as long as you open up messages.000 and change the thing that says "tfonteng" to "tfontjpn".

okay, i kinda followed what you suggested... renamed messages.933 to messages.933.bak, copied messages.000 and renamed that to messages.933 (i think this is what you meant when you said replace messages.933 with messages.000). i also renamed the tfonteng folder into tfontjpn, after of course making a backup of the original tfontjpn folder and copying/renaming tfonteng to tfontjpn. i hope this works... i don't wanna resort back to using moonshell 1.71 for japanese FAQs...

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
okay, i kinda followed what you suggested... renamed messages.933 to messages.933.bak, copied messages.000 and renamed that to messages.933 (i think this is what you meant when you said replace messages.933 with messages.000). i also renamed the tfonteng folder into tfontjpn, after of course making a backup of the original tfontjpn folder and copying/renaming tfonteng to tfontjpn. i hope this works... i don't wanna resort back to using moonshell 1.71 for japanese FAQs...
You can't rename the tfonteng folder to the tfontjpn because the tfontjpn has the character support you are looking for. If anything you would have to rename the tfontjpn to tfonteng, or you could go with my earlier suggestion of opening up your copied message.000 (which is now your messages.933) and change the tfonteng to tfontjpn. (Just realized this, but apparently I didn't say how to open up a messages file...it's easy to open up, just use something like notepad)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
@jurassicplayer: okay, i just tried what you suggested (edited message.933 in dsorganize) and it still doesn't work quite the way i want it to. all i see are lots of empty spaces and the letter ?. that's basically it.

can you maybe upload the specific files/folders i need to make this work? maybe it's my moonshell that's not working the way it's supposed to... (i'm using Moonshell 2.10 set up as the default media for iEDGE)

or maybe i'll just have to get that old 1.71 moonshell. i just hate the hassle of renaming folders in dsorganize when switching moonshell versions... at least, that's how i did it before.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Supposing I didn't screw anything up, this should work:
http://www.mediafire.com/?m2s61acep08nbcy

Just replace your old files in the language folder and change the language to that one (It should say Densetsu ENG / ENG+JPN when you change it)
i have to use LanguageSelect on the computer, right? anyways, got the files and replaced the ones inside the language folder. too bad they discontinued the LanguageSelect.nds file from v2.04 (am currently reading up).

i'll get back to you as soon as i can with the results.
happy.gif

EDIT: did it, found 932 ENG+JPN by Densetsu3000. i hope this works.

EDIT2: yes! ahaha, dear dear god, finally! now i can get going with Daikoukai Jidai IV and Masoukishin Lord of Elemental...
happy.gif
thanks a bunch!

kejtu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In old 1.x moonshell there was option that allow to set amount of line to scroll during text viewing. I cant find it in 2.x version.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
EDIT2: yes! ahaha, dear dear god, finally! now i can get going with Daikoukai Jidai IV and Masoukishin Lord of Elemental...
happy.gif
thanks a bunch!
No problem, glad to have been able to help xD.

QUOTE(kejtu @ Oct 26 2010, 08:26 AM) In old 1.x moonshell there was option that allow to set amount of line to scroll during text viewing. I cant find it in 2.x version.
The option was removed in the 2.x versions. It now only scrolls either 1 line at a time via up/down, or one full screen via left/right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum