1. ignare

ignare GBAtemp Regular

United States
    While Isso_Non_Ecxiste's guide worked for dpgs 14 fps or lower, I used to be able to convert anything to dpg with 24 fps and no problems whatsoever. I did it with BatchDPG Unnoficial, but the problem is now batchdpg keeps giving me errors about .avs that I can't find enough help on how to fix. It also let me make DPGs without the thumbnail, which I prefer.
    I think batchdpg giving me an error on everything has to do with codecs, but how exactly do I fix it?

So yes, I know that DPGenc has always had problems.

Last edited by ignare, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Isso_Non_Ecxiste GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Yeah, that's why I only convert 1 video by 1.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah, officially NDS System only supports up to 16fps, 16 fps still havin some delay timing before whole video loading.
    I tested batchdpg and I got nothing but errors...
    I discovered a "HACK" that makes me insert any thumb inside the dpg file with dpgenc, but it's hard to explain... Maybe someday I upload a video tutorial showin how to do it on youtube...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

no problem, if anything disturbs you, tell me :'D

Last edited by Isso_Non_Ecxiste, Jun 1, 2019
  3. ignare

ignare GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The DS only goes up to 16 fps? Is that even true for all games?

4. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Brazil
    Not DS but DPG video file. Depending on what video you're playing, it will run very slowly and stopping every 3 seconds in order to load on your moonshell. That's why I had to discover what's the best fps for DS video encoding, in order to Master Encoding DPG Conversion method.

ignare likes this.
  5. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Brazil
    I'm just showing some video files I used to convert and showing ya the Graceful Results I've got.
    [​IMG]
    I converted 40 files so far...
    (25 Anime Episodes)
    (15 Music Videos)
    and now... I'm converting 10 TV-Series...

If you guys follow the settings above, and have a few knowledge with the programs mentioned, you can obtain this result too!

Note: the Harley Quinn's mini thumb in there, is a custom theme of my onw, but you can insert any video thumbnail.

6. ignare

ignare GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't think I'd be allowed to post this publicly on this forum due to piracy, but a few years ago I used BatchDPG to fully convert The Office seasons 1-7, in 24 fps DPG3 and correct aspect ratio.
    I could share in PM with anyone who wants them!

7. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Brazil
    Nice! Yes, you cannot post copyrighted content on here due to piracy.

8. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Brazil
    Hello everyone!
    I'm using R4 3ds/ds (R4i Gold Series) and I used Moonshell 2.10 With 3DS, 2DS, NDSi and NDS.
    (I'm using the Portuguese translated version)

All of those systems gave me the same problem. I open the music inside moonshell (all the musics I play have a cover pic) and after that, I keep it playing and close the Nintendo DS console. It keeps playing, at least for 1 hour, after that, the NDS system shuts down. That's the problem I'm having. How to solve? Is it something with the Moonshell settings?

9. ignare

ignare GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not sure about a perfect solution, but it could depend on whether you enable "When the lid is shut, the speaker power is turned on" mode or not.

Also, make sure the Poff Timer is disabled.

10. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Brazil
    I'm using headphones.
    What is "Poff Timer" how can I check it?

Edit: It's only when I'm listening musics. When I'm listening to dpg videos this thing does not happen (at least I think so...)

Last edited by Isso_Non_Ecxiste, Sep 13, 2019
  11. ignare

ignare GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you press Select, Poff timer should be one of the options in the Select Menu (meaning power off timer that you can set the amount of minutes for). Although it would be weird if that were suddenly on.

But regardless of whether headphones are plugged in, the difference in the "lid is shut" settings is that if it's set to always be on, then the DS won't go into a real sleep mode (but it will turn off the backlight). So I'm guessing that that setting messes with the DS's bios. If you're using headphones, it shouldn't matter whether you enable or disable it. Just try whatever option you haven't already.

Isso_Non_Ecxiste likes this.
  12. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Brazil
    Thanks a lot! I'm going to try it right now!

ignare likes this.
  13. MattTheDemonCat

Newcomer

United States
    Sorry for making a post so many years later, and this can be deleted after answered, but when I clicked the package download, it said it was dangerous. Is this true?

14. Flame

Flame Me > You

it shouldn't be. im 99.99999% sure its safe. but to be safe upload the file to https://www.virustotal.com/ and scan it

Last edited by Flame, Jun 3, 2020
    3DSBricker and alexander1970 like this.
  15. Clik

Clik Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It seems to download as an EXE. Right click it in the file browser and there should be an option for 7-zip to open it.
    Hey can anyone figure out why there's chinese text? Does the developer speak Cantonese as a first language?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Moonshell, Guide, Index