jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There are two different music menus for the file list. The original one (the sidebar) can be opened via holding L and pressing left or I believe you may be able to change the ini to always have it out (don't quote me on that). The other media player is the one that uses the same lower screen as the video player and can be opened by holding A while opening a music file or can be set to always open via GUI/Audio Settings (if memory serves).

Zarlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
There are two different music menus for the file list. The original one (the sidebar) can be opened via holding L and pressing left or I believe you may be able to change the ini to always have it out (don't quote me on that). The other media player is the one that uses the same lower screen as the video player and can be opened by holding A while opening a music file or can be set to always open via GUI/Audio Settings (if memory serves).
I have it set to always show the sidebar, as my L and R buttons don't work, so I can confirm that.
I checked to see where the option is (I forgot), and it is indeed in the ini.

As to the alternate player... I do not understand what "holding A while opening a music file" would mean, or how it would be accomplished. It can however be accessed, by pressing select after starting a music file and choosing "audio player" (I see no reason why it shouldn't work without a music file playing, but... I get an error message when I try). Having entered the player, one may enter it's settings by again pressing select. There one can set it to always be used.

Neither option appears in GUI/Audio Settings, although it would be simple and practical for them to be there, along with the various other settings one can, in Moonshell's present state, only access after opening certain file types.
The choice, not to have all the settings accessible in such an easy manner, is one that I do not understand, and feel to be counter-intuitive. Hopefully, future versions will fix this.

bahamut-core

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
guys, i need help on my moonshell. i have installed the moonshell version 2.05. and i also copy a movie and a music. when i played the movie, it is not any sound out, and when i played the music, it is not come, too. but when i start my morning timer and i try the music, it come a sound. anyone can help me?

P.S. : Sorry for my bad english
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Primenay13 said:
Both links to download the MS2 skin database dont work could someone pm me the file if you have it?
Lol, I never knew we had a database. Anyways, if you want a download for all of the skins (which I believe those two links were supposed to be), I just happen to have one that I posted maybe a week or so ago so I know the link is still good. I think it has all of them...it has most of them at least.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ent1ldm0wom

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i am geting a strange bug...

when a chose to play a folder with subdirectories, it plays the musics in the subfolders in the right order (music 1, then music 2 and so on) but the FOLDER order is backwards (if i have 4 folders in the artist folder, one for each cd, and each one with the year on it, it plays first the newest album, then the second newest and so on...)

it kinda screws when you want to hear all the discs in the RIGHT sequence...

any idea how can i fix it?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
dukemagus said:
i am geting a strange bug...

when a chose to play a folder with subdirectories, it plays the musics in the subfolders in the right order (music 1, then music 2 and so on) but the FOLDER order is backwards (if i have 4 folders in the artist folder, one for each cd, and each one with the year on it, it plays first the newest album, then the second newest and so on...)

it kinda screws when you want to hear all the discs in the RIGHT sequence...any idea how can i fix it?QUOTE(Blade4474 @ Apr 24 2010, 10:35 AM) try putting them all in one folder instead of in subdirectories. then maybe it will play them in accordance to how you want them to
Actually Dukemagus asked this in another thread... I think I've solved the problem, with a workaround - see this post for details

Don't know if Dukemagus has actually tried this - as he hasn't replied, but hopefullt it'll help anyone else with the same problem

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
bahamut-core said:
guys, i need help on my moonshell. i have installed the moonshell version 2.05. and i also copy a movie and a music. when i played the movie, it is not any sound out, and when i played the music, it is not come, too. but when i start my morning timer and i try the music, it come a sound. anyone can help me?

P.S. : Sorry for my bad english
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
I have that EXACT problem!!!!
blink.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Inunah said:
bahamut-core said:
I have that EXACT problem!!!!
blink.gif
I've never had this problem - but can I just check something out first

Am I right in understanding that the 'Audio player' is not playing any MP3 music file, but if you use the same MP3 (I'm assuming you're using MP3 files) in Morning Timer - you do hear it ??

Also what cards are you using - Apparently this problem occurs on some cards & the way to 'fix' it is to use the 'Alternative' loader ('moonshl2_AltLoader_DKPr27.nds') that appears in the Moonshell's download (there's been several posts like this about it)

- but you also mention you're using v2.05 which I think DIDN'T come with this, so you can also get this Alt_loader from Xenon++ Moonshell tools - you'll should find it in the '/reset_mse/moonshl2alt.nds' folder (Note: I think you'll need to DLDI it for your particular flashcard for it to work)

EDIT: - Ha Ha Just noticed - It seems the post I've included above is one done by 'Inunah' anyway... stil I hope this'll help out 'bahamut-core'

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Alter said:
So is 2.10 the latest version of MS2? I've been out of the loop for a while. What are the differences since 2.05?
There are lots of differences, and its the final version (Moonshell2 is now complete TT-TT). Some notable things would be a voice recorder, text editor, addition of a switch enabling DSi screen capture when using moonshell2 (otherwise it would just change brightness I believe), and the expansion of the GUI/Audio Settings. Of course there were other things as well, but at the moment I can't quite remember enough of 2.05 to compare the two.

Trophies
Website
www.zeldainmypocket.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help!

Hmm... I deleted the old version of MS2, and tried installing the new one. However, it said there was an error, in which the file size was different from what it said, or something along those lines. It suggested I format my card, but that wouldn't be easy, as I'm packing 7 gigs on it.

Any ideas, or will I have to take the hard road?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Alter said:
Thanks for the help!

Hmm... I deleted the old version of MS2, and tried installing the new one. However, it said there was an error, in which the file size was different from what it said, or something along those lines. It suggested I format my card, but that wouldn't be easy, as I'm packing 7 gigs on it.

The hard road is probably all you have...but since you happen to have the hard road anyways, maybe try out the checkdisk included with Xenon++'s mshl2pack and tell me what it does (because I haven't had a corruption problem in a long while so I have no idea what its for xD).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Alter said:
Thanks for the help!

The hard road is probably all you have...but since you happen to have the hard road anyways, maybe try out the checkdisk included with Xenon++'s mshl2pack and tell me what it does (because I haven't had a corruption problem in a long while so I have no idea what its for xD).
Sorry to say - Yep it looks like the 'hard Road' for you....

Ever since v2.08 every time I updated MS I got that message & the only way I could get round it was a reformat and then Installed MS on FIRST, followed by AKAIO

One thing you COULD try is 'disable Disk Check' (there's now an option in Moonshl2.ini file) - but that might not even work

Psycho K

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
saiko-k.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I have MoonShell2 v2.10 stable on a Acekard 2i. On then start menu, when I highlight "Exit to Firmware" it says "Cannot locate RPGS.nds." Where do I get RPGS.nds and what directory do I put it in? I checked the first post a while back and don't remember seeing anything about that.

Additionally, I get the error message about an inconsistent file size (or something like that. It tells you to format the SD) a lot. I think it gave me this error a week ago or more and I just got frustrated and left it alone. Surprisingly, I'm running it right now and I did not get the error; I did not go a format my SD like all the other times. Luck is cool and all, but is there a specific reason I get that error so much? When that happens, the alternate loader gives me the error too.

Sorry if I'm just not looking hard enough and this was all covered previously. Thanks in advance.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Whoaaaahhh - what's with the red 'ink' ????

Anyway - the missing 'rpgs.nds' is actually nothing more than 'akmenu4.nds' from the root directory renamed to 'rpgs.nds' and placed in '/moonshl2/resetmse/' folder

Not too sure about the 'inconsistent file size' - the only time I've had that problem was when I had a corrupt file on the MicroSD card somewhere - a format with the panasonic formatter 'cured' that problem for me - since the only time I get that now is if I install a Moonshell version on top of an existing version on the card

Psycho K

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
saiko-k.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Red is my standard font color on all forums I visit unless a lot of people complain. Most of the time, no one seems to mind or they just don't bring it up.

Hm. Maybe the last format I did cured the issue like it did for you. I think I was always doing "QUICK FORMAT" rather than the full one. Anyway, thanks.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Well, here, some people get warnings for that (ah, it reminds me of antonkan's Arial font days, he got suspended). Anyways, I'm back, (sorry my computer got broken) and I may just actually redo this entire FAQ. If several people could help me out with it. (points at CannonFodr and jurrasicplayer)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @MysticStarlight, Luckily, he survived.