Hacking MOONSHELL 2.0BETA 10 ON ACEKARD2i !!!!!!!

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTICE!
Moonshell 2.0 stable version has been released.
This tutorial also works with this new version of Moonshell so I have updated all the links.

View Instructions Under Update 3 at the bottom of this post

I managed to get it to work!
biggrin.gif

I have not seen any topic about the latest Moonshell workin on the AK2i so I created this new on. Sorry if there already is one but form what i've seen no one has been able to get this working.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Download the Moonshell 2.0Beta 10 zip file
2) Unzip the file anywhere you like
3) Open the moonshl2 directory
4) Open the launch directory and delete the following 3 files:
a. Check disk for NDS Ver0.4.nds
b. Check disk for NDS Ver0.4_readme_JPN.txt
c. Check disk for NDS Ver0.4_readme_KOR.txt
Deleting the .txt files doesn't help the solution, but you do not need them anyway so might as well delete them. If you want to leave them you can but MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE Check disk for NDS Ver0.4.nds FILE
5) If you need to run the LanguageSelect.exe tool then please do so (for english I used 007 English by Porgos)
7) Place the moonshl2 folder and moonshl2.nds file into the ROOT of your micro SD. THEY MUST GO IN THE ROOT. I tried putting just the moonshl2.nds in another folder and it didn't work, i tried putting them both in the same folder and it didn't work. It seems like they have to go into the root.
8) Now simply put everything into your DSi and run the moonshl2.nds file. You will still see an error when it starts up but it will continue to the actual program. I was able to watch a .dpg file with NO problems

If anyone else figures out other interesting info just reply with it here. Maybe the moderators/admins can make this a sticky for everyone to see since its been such a common topic/problem. Also if anyone else can confirm this that would be great too.

Enjoy!

UPDATE 1 (4-22-2009):
I have been playing with it and it seems to be intermittent, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, if i can figure out what the problem is i'll make another update

UPDATE 2 (4-22-2009):
I honestly don't know what the problem was. I deleted everything from the launch directory and it seems to be working great now.

UPDATE 3 (4-23-2009):
I tried what Minox_IX said in the post below and it still wasn't working properly, so I did some research. After a while I decided that it might be the firmware's fault. Originally I had been running the official AK firmware, so I decided to test moonshell 2 with AKAIO to see if I got the same results. As of right now the ARM7/ARM9 error does not come up and stop the loading of moonshell. I loaded the .nds files back into the launch folder and it still works (so far).

Anyone who is still having a problem getting this to work follow these steps:

1. Download the latest AKAIO firmware (1.4.1)
2. Download the latest AKAIO loader(s) for your Acekard (ask here if your not sure)
3. Download Moonshell 2.0 Stable
4. Download Moonshell from the official Acekard website (used for soft-reset back to the AK menu after you have loaded Moonshell 2.0)
5. Backup all your applications in your micro SD
6. Format your micro SD using the Panasonic SD Formatter
7. Place the __aio directory and the akmenu4.nds file into the root of your SD card (this is the AKAIO firmware 1.4.1)
8. Go to the __aio/loaders directory and copy over the latest AKAIO loader that you downloaded (you will be replacing a file)
9. Put all your backed up files into the root of your micro SD
10. Copy the moonshl2 directory into the root of your micro SD
11. Open the moonshl2 directory and delete the logbuf.txt file if there is one (do it as a precaution, it won't cause problems - thanks Blake1710)
12. Now open the resetmse folder and copy over reset.mse from the moonshell\moonshl\plugin directory of the Moonshell downloaded from the Acekard website.
13. Rename reset.mse to "RPGS.nds" without the quotes of course. You will now be able to soft-reset out of Moonshell
14. Put moonshl2.nds anywhere on your microSD (i have it in a folder called applications)
15. If you need to run the LanguageSelect.exe tool to change Moonshell's language (for English I used "007 English by Porgos")
16. Remove your micro SD and load up your Acekard in your DS/DSi

If you come across problems please post it here.

Blake1710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If people would just read the supplied readme and actual try to think about how to fix it, we wouldn't need a guide on how to install a relatively easy piece of homebrew.

good job anyway.

also, if anyone gets an error that causes moonshell to freeze at startup (black screen /w grey text) delete the logbuf.txt file in /moonshl2

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, that's exactly what i ended up doing, i read the readme files, analyzed the error that was coming up and came up with this solution, i figured i would post it for those who didn't know/feel like doing all that

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
italianmod said:
thanks, that's exactly what i ended up doing, i read the readme files, analyzed the error that was coming up and came up with this solution, i figured i would post it for those who didn't know/feel like doing all that

I don't want to come off as rude, but this seems to happen a lot with new users.
This is a community that's built around using homebrew and flashcarts, we know shit.
unsure.gif

It's nice to help, but no-one really asked.

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
italianmod said:

I don't want to come off as rude, but this seems to happen a lot with new users.
This is a community that's built around using homebrew and flashcarts, we know shit.
unsure.gif

It's nice to help, but no-one really asked.

i'm sure some of you know what you are doing, and some of you don't, i've seen posts on here about people asking how to run moonshell on the acekard, such as http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150266 and http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150067 and i see no harm in making a post that answers a question that people have. If everyone knew this solution then I'm surprised no one has said anything about it before now, but perhaps no one bothered to try.

Finally, just because my account is new does not mean i am new to gbatemp or the homebrew scene. Are there any other concerns that you may have?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You don't need to delete Check Disk for NDS if your microSD/microSDHC is properly formatted.

Christopher8827

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I have been playing with it and it seems to be intermittent, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, if i can figure out what the problem is i'll make another update

Got a solution for the strange ARM7/9 error? It says to re-copy the moonshell nds file again to fix it because a bit of the code was missing. According to it, it says there is a loose connection of the euqipment or something.

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
You don't need to delete Check Disk for NDS if your microSD/microSDHC is properly formatted.

First I deleted everything from the launch folder and moonshell worked like a charm, then I decided to try deleting one nds file at at time. So since everything in the folder is alphabetized the first I tried was Check Disk and again it worked like a charm. However I'll try it again with Check Disk in there and update my original post.

Christopher8827 said:
QUOTEI have been playing with it and it seems to be intermittent, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, if i can figure out what the problem is i'll make another update

Got a solution for the strange ARM7/9 error? It says to re-copy the moonshell nds file again to fix it because a bit of the code was missing. According to it, it says there is a loose connection of the euqipment or something.

Not yet. I keep getting that as well. I just press the power button so it soft-resets back to the main DSi menu, then load the acekard again and reopen moonshell and it works. Again though, its intermittent. Remember this is a Beta version of moonshell, they haven't fixed all the bugs yet so there probably isn't anything that can be done by the average user, however I'll keep playing around with it.

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Italianmod this helped me and now Moonshell works on my Acekard. Then i don't have to make a new thread to ask how to fix it
tongue.gif
And i'm sure it helped or will help alot of people if they use the search function like i did ^^
QUOTE said:
It's nice to help, but no-one really asked
lecture.gif

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WioWao said:
Thanks Italianmod this helped me and now Moonshell works on my Acekard. Then i don't have to make a new thread to ask how to fix it
tongue.gif
And i'm sure it helped or will help alot of people if they use the search function like i did ^^

I'm glad I could help, I know how frustrating it was not to be able to use it.

Mammosgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you soooooooo much for posting the step by step guide - being very new to all this I was very frustrated trying to find information on the DSi, and then i came across this. Worked a treat!
My only question is:
How do i set the language to English in Moonshell?
Thanks again!

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you download the moonshell 2 zip file and extract it, you'll notice a file called LanguageSelect.exe. So first copy the moonshl2 folder and moonshl2 file into your SD card then run the LanguageSelect.exe file. Choose 007 English by Porgos.

I'll add that to the instructions, thanks for reminding me lol and I'm glad I could help!

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
avengingme said:
I bet a certain someone is feeling pretty salty about all the thanks that you got. here's another one! Thanks!

haha i just did what anyone else could have done....... besides i really really really wanted it on my acekard lol

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I've done it over and over again. Still wont work. And neither will DSOrganise, and this is on a normal DSL. I'm stumped.

italianmod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
I've done it over and over again. Still wont work. And neither will DSOrganise, and this is on a normal DSL. I'm stumped.

I don't own a DSL so I can't test it for you, but I think it should still work. I'm using a DSi and it works perfectly. Can you get any other programs to work? Have you formatted your microSD with the Panasonic program?

If anyone is using/owns a DSL and can test this for ShatteredScreens then please do so and post your results.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Emulators are working fine. That's all the homebrew I use, emulators, Moonshell, and DSorganise.

I've formatted the card twice now, and still I get Loading "/moonshl2/reload.dat". Please start "moonshl2_DirectBoot.nds" when stopped on this screen. Is there something I am supposed to do? Have I done something wrong, or am I the only one with this issue?

I've fixed DSOrganise now, I accidently had two DSOrganise folders on my Micro SD. I deleted one, so DSO is working fine now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...