Moonshell 2.08 block AKAIO loader Public beta

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by CannonFoddr, Dec 24, 2009.

Dec 24, 2009
  1. CannonFoddr
    OP

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    OK - I use to have a M3i0 but due to compatibility problems with certain games I've returned to the Ak2i (with AKAIO 1.5 installed).
    There's some things I miss from the M3i0 - one is an All-In-One file selector that runs Music/Pictures/Movies etc & since AKAIO doesn't have plugins anymore (& it can't remember the last file I've played) - I thought I'll use Moonshell2 instead

Since us AK2i users can't get Moonshell as the 'default OS' (it comes up with 'system files missing') I've had to get AKAIO to Autorun MS2 (I just wish someone could create a akmenu4.nds that fools the Ak2i that the system files exist - before loading MS2 in straight away). One problem is that apparently MS2.07 (and above) seems to block the AKAIO loader Public beta (See this thread) to allow Commercial ROM running - this means we can't upgrade MS to the latest version if we want to run ROMS

Apparently Normatt won't tell anyone how to get Moonshel 2.07 (and above) to work with his AKAIO loader (see this post about Normatts reply) since he doesn't want to anger 'moonlight'

One suggestion is rename the 'nds.akaio.nds' loader file to 'ds.akaio.nds' and then renaming all the Commercial ROMS to '*.ds' - this is something I don't really fancy doing

So I'm asking

Does any1 know a way to bypass the 'block' on the latest Moonshells (2.07/2.08) so that we can use the loader to run commercial ROMS ???

Thanks in advance

2. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    not at the moment.
    it blocked the ysloader too. its a known problem.

3. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    dam - I was hoping some1 (apart from Normatt) may've figured something out by now

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    You could try out that one guy's thing, Xenon++ I think his name was. Just look on the commercial moonshell2+ysmenu thread and its like one of the latest posts.

5. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for that - if I'm reading right I have to contact Xenon for this 'NDSLink' file & once got I have to rename it to nds.akaio.nds to replace the existing normatt one & this might allow me to run Commercial ROMS in MS2.08 ??

Reading the thread(s) I'm a little confused - @ one stage he talks as though the program NDSLink doesn't exist - then it seems to, then he mentione something about modifying some other file to creat it - all seems confusing..... I may just stick with MS 2.06

6. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There's a known workaround for 2.07 but you'll have to find it yourself.

As far as 2.08 goes, I checked that a couple of weeks ago and the blocking routine looks entirely different.

7. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    Aw come on - give us a clue where to look.....
    the only 'workaround' I've found is rename 'nds.akaio.nds' to 'ds.akaio.nds' & rename all Commercials to '*.ds' - is there any other workarounds that work.
    I've tried googling but nothing comes up....is the workaround in GBATemps forums or elsewhere????