Homebrew RELEASE Moonlight-libretro core for Lakka Switch

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@mss1988, you are right, I checked - currently it's used software decoding :sad: I'll try to use hardware decoding over VDPAU, but no sure about NVDEC.
Maybe software render
This is really cool. I set 720p/60 fps and 16.5 mb/s and got some bad blocking and flashes of grey screens. These were 100% fixed by raising CPU overclock to boost (1200ish). Games look and sound beautiful and input lag is truly minimal.

A little inconvenient launching lakka but the results are excellent. I hope one day it can come to horizon.
That explain why on the same wifi I can push more the bandwith that my brother on his switch, I have the cpu clock at 1785mhz on lakka. So if gpu acceleration solution it's possible then maybe we can push the bandwitch even more without cpu overclock

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, my controls are not working.I can't scroll to select a game or anything. The only thing that works is the touch screen to select a game, but when I touch one of the games, it just loads my desktop and doesn't launch the game.

Alvsar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does moonlight in lakka work better than Skynx in Horizon OS? In Skynx, even if the program says 60fps, in Switch I only get 30fps (pretty noticeable).
Is the same with Moonlight in Lakka? For some reason Lakka is not launching for me anymore

mss1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does moonlight in lakka work better than Skynx in Horizon OS? In Skynx, even if the program says 60fps, in Switch I only get 30fps (pretty noticeable).
Is the same with Moonlight in Lakka? For some reason Lakka is not launching for me anymore

Idk for SkyNX, so far (unfortunately) it works the best under Android.

rock88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Is it possible to use the Joy-Cons as a controller without being in a game first?
RetroArch has core named Remote RetroPad, but (I think) it works only with remote RetroArch.
Moonlight-libretro should run app for setup remote connection and handle input, but I can add feature for disable audio/video, and just use Switch as a remote gamepad.
Also you can add some unused app (like a default File Explorer) in GF Experience stream settings, for start stream, then close this app and run any other app that you prefer.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroArch has core named Remote RetroPad, but (I think) it works only with remote RetroArch.
Moonlight-libretro should run app for setup remote connection and handle input, but I can add feature for disable audio/video, and just use Switch as a remote gamepad.
Also you can add some unused app (like a default File Explorer) in GF Experience stream settings, for start stream, then close this app and run any other app that you prefer.

I actually meant that I wanted the computer to recognize that the Joy-Cons were controllers all of the time (instead of using them for mouse clicking), even if you use an app to go to desktop.
I still want the audio and video to be on the Switch's screen.
When I start a controller mapping program, the Joy-Cons do not appear.

I am sorry for not being more clear, but I do not know how to explain this better.

Last edited by Kotomine Kirei,

rock88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
When I start a controller mapping program, the Joy-Cons do not appear.
Joy-Cons not appear because Nvidia stream app create and use emulated XInput gamepad (like a X360 controller). I checked that in online gamepad tester app (just google some like 'xinput gamepad test online'), and all works.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joy-Cons not appear because Nvidia stream app create and use emulated XInput gamepad (like a X360 controller). I checked that in online gamepad tester app (just google some like 'xinput gamepad test online'), and all works.

When I went to the online gamepad testers, they said that there was no controller connected.
I guess that there must be a problem with my Joy-Cons or something, but I am not sure what is wrong.
The mouse movement (touchscreen), clicking (L/R/ZL/ZR) and other functions work fine.

rock88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
When I went to the online gamepad testers, they said that there was no controller connected.
I guess that there must be a problem with my Joy-Cons or something, but I am not sure what is wrong.
The mouse movement (touchscreen), clicking (L/R/ZL/ZR) and other functions work fine.
May be on your PC installed some gamepad software which conflicted with Nvidia GameStream? Also check this thread - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc.../no-gamepad-input-working-through-gamestream/.

I saw that moonlight on L4T Ubuntu now support hardware acceleration decoding, maybe this can be useful to look how it's implemented?
I look at it about last few days, and started refactoring current stream related sources for use with VDPAU :)

rock88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Okay, I'll check VDPAU support and it doesn't work :(

Code:
Lakka:~ # vdpauinfo
display: :0.0   screen: 0
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error creating VDPAU device: 1

Seems like just need set correct libvdpau_xxx.so lib, I found few (libvdpau_nouveau.so.1 and libvdpau_tegra.so.1) in toolchain dir, and try to use:

Code:
Lakka:~ # export VDPAU_DRIVER=tegra
Lakka:~ # export VDPAU_DRIVER_PATH=/storage/cores
Error creating VDPAU device: 23

Also doesn't work and I don't know why(( May be Lakka-Switch incorrect initializing video driver, incorrect libvdpau_nouveau/libvdpau_tegra or some else...

Anyway I released 1.0.3 update:
Latest FFMPEG lib (grab moonlight_libretro_latest_ffmpeg.zip, I don't know about speedup, see decode stats...);
Settings for select number of threads using for decode a video frame;
Show video decoder/render stats, by pressing ZL+ZR+Left, ZL+ZR+Right for hide.

After this I want to make port on a Horizon OS :)

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Okay, I'll check VDPAU support and it doesn't work :(

Code:
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error creating VDPAU device: 1

Seems like just need set correct libvdpau_xxx.so lib, I found few (libvdpau_nouveau.so.1 and libvdpau_tegra.so.1) in toolchain dir, and try to use:

Code:
Lakka:~ # export VDPAU_DRIVER=tegra
Lakka:~ # export VDPAU_DRIVER_PATH=/storage/cores
Error creating VDPAU device: 23

Also doesn't work and I don't know why(( May be Lakka-Switch incorrect initializing video driver, incorrect libvdpau_nouveau/libvdpau_tegra or some else...

Anyway I released 1.0.3 update:
Latest FFMPEG lib (grab moonlight_libretro_latest_ffmpeg.zip, I don't know about speedup, see decode stats...);
Settings for select number of threads using for decode a video frame;
Show video decoder/render stats, by pressing ZL+ZR+Left, ZL+ZR+Right for hide.

After this I want to make port on a Horizon OS :)

If hardware decoding it's not possible then a horizon os version will be great! No need to launch lakka and the same performance that actual lakka version after all.

Thank you so much for your effort!

Reactions: rock88

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I saw that you made Fork to the Lakka-Switch repo and it has added several improvements and Core of the source repository. Are you planning to make some corrections? Can it be compiled?

Reactions: klear and Broduskii

rock88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I saw that you made Fork to the Lakka-Switch repo and it has added several improvements and Core of the source repository. Are you planning to make some corrections? Can it be compiled?
I just merged last official repo to lakka-switch, but after that I had tons of conflicts, which I not resolve properly. So currently it is not compiled :(

Reactions: klear and Imancol

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC streaming, the same as the last homebrew that 'doesnt do anything for you'.

I feel stupid but what is PC streaming ? You run PC games from PC and stream to your Nintendo Switch ? Or you are able to run PC games onto your Switch like PC but use Moonlight ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.