Hacking Moonlight Embedded on NX

HyperXewl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I use this in cinnamon as well if this means anything, thanks to a nice guy who set it up for me ( i met him on a switch discord ) so major props to him.

I downloaded the moonlight-embedded git and just compiled it the way you would anything else really (cmake>make>make install etc) and then ran it from its directory, that's really all it was, the same way you build anything, there was no special thing I had to do.

You can probably use yaourt and do the same thing ( modify the PKGBUILD when prompted and add 'aarch64' to the list of architectures otherwise it'll say it can't )

Reactions: Shorty88jr

Nightcrawler12

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does the joycons work with moonlight or are they attached to your pc?

I use this in cinnamon as well if this means anything, thanks to a nice guy who set it up for me ( i met him on a switch discord ) so major props to him.

I downloaded the moonlight-embedded git and just compiled it the way you would anything else really (cmake>make>make install etc) and then ran it from its directory, that's really all it was, the same way you build anything, there was no special thing I had to do.

You can probably use yaourt and do the same thing ( modify the PKGBUILD when prompted and add 'aarch64' to the list of architectures otherwise it'll say it can't )

DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, really? Thought Moonlight wasn't working? Moonlight for Vita has a bit more lag than on my iPad, but I'm assuming the Switch wouldn't have any issues? Would love to see it as homebrew, I'd consider it a killer app, even for the system itself. Is there any video of Moonlight on Switch online?

Shorty88jr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compiling moonlight should be very easy since it's already ported to ARM. Honestly Im surprised that wasn't the first thing people compiled when Linux was ported.

dovere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
got moonlight running by editing and compiling PKGBUILD. I have to say it works well but there is more latency than nomachine because 5.0Ghz wifi is not well working on switch linux. i hope someone make a better wifi driver and fix sound and battery issues to make this awesome

Reactions: Saviouz

HyperXewl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know if that's really why bro, did you set your power profile to high?

There is *NO* way it should have more lag, that is ridiculous its roughly the same bandwidth.

If you did not set a power profile, it is laggier by default no matter what, you MUST set a power profile, recommended normal or high.

dovere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if that's really why bro, did you set your power profile to high?

There is *NO* way it should have more lag, that is ridiculous its roughly the same bandwidth.

If you did not set a power profile, it is laggier by default no matter what, you MUST set a power profile, recommended normal or high.

i set the power to normal undocked clock (about 400mhz). On my phone moonlight works flawlessly
don't you have latency? what bitrate did you use? 2,4ghz wifi or 5?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol