Monster Hunter Tri

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Guild McCommunist, Jan 1, 2010.

Jan 1, 2010

Monster Hunter Tri by Guild McCommunist at 3:25 AM (2,490 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Yeah, I feel dirty now. I'll take a shower soon.

Anyway, I've been trying to boot Monster Hunter Tri with no success. Every time I try to go into the single player it goes black with a loud buzzing noise and I have to restart manually. I've tried cIOS 222, 223, 223 with IOS 36 and 37 merged, pretty much every shot I've got. I'm using USB Loader GX (the latest version, whatever rev it is), have Hermes cIOS 222 and 223 installed, as well as Waninkoko's cIOS rev16. I've tried everything in the searches but I don't really want to go use another loader if it supposedly works fine in USB Loader GX.

Suggestions?

2. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    AAAAH What happened to your Avatar pic?

You call that a noob question? I've been looking for that game without any luck

Anyway I heard you need to downgrade your Wii firmware to play that game Online.... that's all I know...

Please don't kill me...

3. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Well, the avatar was because Dommy wanted to call me Guildy Locks and I needed an avatar to fit [​IMG]

I don't really care about the online since it's Pay-to-Play and I hardly know any Japanese, not to mention I'm just waiting for the American one so I can play online.

4. Ryeno

Newcomer Ryeno Member

United States
  5. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Ah, never tried that. I have uLoader on there but I just used it as a disc alternative to NeoGamma before I got my HDD. I'll try and see what happens.

6. Ryeno

Newcomer Ryeno Member

United States
    Both USBloaderGX and Configurable USB loader fail to play tri for me but uLoader works just fine.

Just don't get to excited about the game, its not better then portable 2nd g.

7. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Well, I've never played Monster Hunter games before this so....

Anyway, it works on uLoader. Unfortunately I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, even with the English patch.

8. Ryeno

Newcomer Ryeno Member

United States
    First you have some training quests. After that you basically do a mission. Kill monsters. Carve monsters. Make armor and weapons from the carves. Then kill stronger monsters with your new weapons. Repeat the process.

There is also fishing, mining, farming, and gathering which helps you get items to make stuff like armor/weapons, potions, ammo etc.

Thats basically the whole game in a nut shell. Its awesome because instead of relying on levels, you actually need to skill to play the game.

Also english isnt really necessary for the game. I know almost no japanese and i was able to beat the game without the english patch.

9. Teny

Member Teny GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am able to play MH3 with USB Loader GX. This is my settings

Video Mode: Force NTSC
    VIDTV Patch: Off
    Game Language: Japanese
    Ocarina: ON (for the English Patch)
    IOS: IOS 223
    Parental Control: 0 (Everyone)
    Error 002 fix: Anti
    Patch Country Strings: Off
    Alternate Dol: Default
    Block IOS Reload: Off

I am using an 4.1 NTSC-U Wii and the latest USB Loader GX revision on an 250GB Seagate HDD.