Monster Hunter Tri Private Servers?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MassiveRican, May 9, 2013.

1. MassiveRican
    OP

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

Aug 2, 2011
    Creeping in the Shadows
    About 2 months maybe a little less I started enjoying and playing my first MMO console experience, PSO I & II thanks to Devo (yea I'm late what of it?! :P)

Now I'd like to check out Monster Hunter Tri but I heard their servers are going offline if they haven't already. I don't own a Wii-U yet so I don't own Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, although I'd love to jump on that bandwagon.. unfortunately cash is not handy for those purchases so in the meantime I was wondering if MH3 has a passionate & devout following such as PSO does, that will continue to host private server play for MH3 players and fans alike.

I'd like to get into this game but I don't see the appeal of playing offline, hopefully I'm not breaking any rules in asking for this type of info here. TIA if anyone has any info or can point me in the right direction.

2. MassiveRican
    OP

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

Aug 2, 2011
    Creeping in the Shadows
    Can I request that a Mod move this over to the Wi-Fi forum? There seems to be a thread concerning the shutdown of the MH3 servers for the Wii, so maybe I'll have better luck w/a response there.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Hacking is the appropriate section.

The trouble with private servers on games like this where the devs have not released any code is that they are quite often tasked with processing data and not just rebroadcasting it so you have to figure out what the servers do/did and that is a serious undertaking.