ROM Hack Monster Hunter Diary Translation

Arlegas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys,
I am new here so if this isn't the right place for this please tell me. I am currently playing Monster Hunter Diary in Japanese and would love to start translating it,
but I have no hacking abilities and no idea how to do insert texts and so on, so my question is: Is there anybody here who would help me putting the translated texts into the game and so on?
I am aware that this is a huge task and would take a lot of time, but I would still try it, as I think it's a great game.
So, if anybody could help me that would be great.

Vulpes-Vulpeos

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
You don't need any hacking abilities.
1. You need to unpack .cia. Here is guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/
2. You need to edit game files. IIRC, the game text is in .gmd files. To edit this files you'll need kuriimu: https://github.com/IcySon55/Kuriimu/releases/tag/v1.0.15
3. To test translated files you can use LayerdFS: https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/wiki/Optional-features
LayeredFS: This allows you to replace files inside the romfs of a game/application.
To use this feature, create /luma/titles/TID/romfs and place the your modified files from the game's romfs into the romfs folder.
or rebuild and install .cia with translated files.

I also wanted to translate this game, but after playing few quests I decided that it doesn't worth it.
As a bonus here is my translated banner:

Attachments

• banner.cgfx.00.png
    banner.cgfx.00.png
    118 KB · Views: 395
Last edited by Vulpes-Vulpeos,
Reactions: anotherthing

Arlegas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for the tips! And interesting that you had the same idea. Thanks for the picture, looks great:) appreciate it.
Will look into the links you posted now.
And yeah the game is no masterpiece, but maybe there a few monster hunter fans who would like to play it, it's a really relaxing game haha.

Mikus64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the tips! And interesting that you had the same idea. Thanks for the picture, looks great:) appreciate it.
And yeah the game is no masterpiece, but maybe there a few monster hunter fans who would like to play it, it's a really relaxing game haha.
Hi. i'm interested in a fan translation so i can play this game some time, and I was wondering how it was going. I see your post is relatively new so i'm not trying to come off as pushy, mostly wondering if you've committed to it and see how it's going or if you also quit.

Lilh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's only been about two years (meaning this is relatively new for modding) but am wondering how far along the translation process is if there has been any.

Mr_Cheddarcheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
On the topic of a translation for this game, my husband and I strarted one a while back not related to the OP. We didnt feel interested in the game compared to Medabots. This was kind of left in the dust. Find our progress here!
I rly wanna try dis but I dunno how to patch it ^^ ''

If there's an easier way to patch that would be nice since I haven't been able to get it to operate as of currently,

looks rly exciting tho

Last edited by Mr_Cheddarcheese,

sdturtle1023

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got this on my trip to japan and would love to play it! I appreciate to see you are working on this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night